Export Agent II
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Export Agent facilitates the shipment of cargo via air and/or
ocean transport. The Export Agent is responsible for receiving
shipping instructions and following customer specific guidelines in
the preparation and transmission of export transactions. This
includes processes from booking through confirmation of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Take booking requests, ensure bookings are made at current and
accurate rates, consolidate and route shipments based on local
* Communicate with carriers, origin and destination locations
regarding shipment status, special handling and delivery
* Monitor and manage shipments until completion. Keep customers
appraised to the export details of transactions in accordance with
local office export operation procedures.
* Ensure accuracy and completeness of export documentation - review
and verify documentation and obtain any missing documentation from
* Build relationships with all customers, other offices, overseas
agents and service providers
* Review standard operating procedures to ensure compliance, TSA,
Quality Assurance Standards, TAPA, and IMDG.
* May be responsible for special shipments involving perishables
(live animals, cherries, etc.) and/or be in charge of special
* Report anomalies in operations and new customer requirements to
management for decisions on additional service requirements
* In some locations, Export Agents may be required to load and
unload trucks, use forklift, package and palletize cargo and
complete other assigned warehouse and inventory tasks.
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma and or GED, plus up to three to five years of
related experience; an equivalent combination of education and
experience may be considered.
* Prior work experience in logistics/freight forwarding industry is
* Basic to intermediate experience using Windows operating system
and Microsoft software applications is required
* Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability
to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of
* Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
* Knowledge of air/ocean space configurations; air/ocean container
loads; special loading constraints; certificate for handling
hazardous materials. Reading of international and domestic OAG.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written
requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters,
memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and
concisely. Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative
and professional manner when meeting both internal and external
customers and vendors face to face.
* Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be
comfortable working with Microsoft software applications (i.e.,
Word, Excel and Outlook)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
following start date
* 401k with a company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply
chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge
better connections between businesses, customers and communities -
through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding,
warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated
to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works
with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the
world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Torrance , Export Agent II, Sales , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!