Import Agent - Team Lead
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Overview The Import Agent Team Lead, leads a team of Ocean Import
Agent(s) in the day-to-day operations.
- Communicate effectively with staff, management and other
internal/external customers to seamlessly deliver import shipments
to our customers in North America.
- Monitor the work load of each member to insure accuracy, and
balance tasks among staff.
- Advise management of any issues with staff work quality,
adherence to company policy and customer satisfaction issues, both
positive and negative.
- Insure proper coverage of desk duties when any member is out
sick or on holiday.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate cross training within the
- Roll out and monitor Standard Operating Procedures and insure
that each specific account SOP is in place and adhered to by
- Follow up with training and motivation programs to insure
continue compliance and success.
- Maintain file audit procedure.
- Encourage Kaizen and PRIDE projects whenever possible.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum four years' related experience in ocean import; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability
to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be
proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel,
Outlook, and PowerPoint.). Cargowise a plus.
- Keen ability to assess situations, perform root cause analysis,
and provide solutions. Ability to think things through and develop
processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air
and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse
logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply
chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries. For more
information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and
gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's
employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training,
leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Torrance , Import Agent - Team Lead, Sales , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!