Senior Analyst, Consumer Data Privacy
Company: American Honda Motor Co Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description: Senior Analyst, Consumer Data Privacy Location:
Torrance, CA Workstyle: Hybrid What Makes a Honda, is Who Makes a
Honda Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful
one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage,
persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused
goals. At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating
and developing solutions to drive our business with record success.
We strive to be a company that serves as a source of "power" that
supports people around the world who are trying to do things based
on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own
potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and
freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an
innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint." We
are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds,
experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic
to join our team. If your goals and values align with Honda's, we
want you to join our team to Bring the Future! About this Position:
This position will report to the Consumer Data Privacy Manager and
be part of the team responsible for establishing and maintaining an
enterprise vision, strategy, and program to secure American Honda's
information assets, services, and the products that depend on them,
thus building trust with customer and stakeholders and protecting
the privacy of American Honda's customers and employees. This
position will conduct activities to support the development and
maturity of processes, projects, and initiatives regarding privacy
for the purposes of achieving overall privacy compliance standards
that will meet and exceed the expectations set forth by U.S. State
and Federal regulators, Honda's executives, and other leaders.
Responsibilities include: Privacy-Related Business Operations
- Support Privacy by Design. Recommend technical and procedural
- Identifies benefits and challenges of emerging technologies,
translating privacy to operational requirements to align with
internal policies, applicable laws, and regulations, including but
not limited to Privacy Technology Tools, Loyalty Programs,
Preference Centers, Cookie Management, etc.
- Increase operational efficiency with continuous improvement to
practices and processes supporting the Privacy Framework.
- Assists in the development and facilitation of privacy training
and awareness programs and role-based privacy training for
employees with responsibility for handling personal information.
Privacy Compliance Business Analysis
- Conduct complete privacy impact assessments, analyze, and
propose solutions for privacy requirements, and support compliance
with internal policies, data privacy laws, and regulations.
- Collaborate with IT to recommend architecture and solutions
that support data privacy and security.
- Support audits on existing infrastructure, communicate privacy
risks and collaborate with respective business functions to produce
- Identify and propose remediation to minimize organizational
- Create and maintain project and operational documentation.
- Support unit leaders with content for and communication to
governing executives and committees.
- Collaborate with IT and its cybersecurity team to ensure
harmony between data privacy and data security needs as American
Honda works to optimize data use. Compliance Expertise & Education
- Maintain International Association of Privacy Professionals
IAPP-US Privacy certification.
- Benchmarks privacy best practices with industry groups (e.g.,
IAPP, NIST, FPF, AFAI, etc.)
- Demonstrate continuous learning through training, participation
in industry resource groups, etc. Maintains knowledge of applicable
privacy laws/regulations, related technologies, and data security
- Satisfies special assignments as requested by management to
identify, understand, or resolve issues including those related to
data privacy risk assessments and compliance. Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of privacy experience (such as consumer
products/services industry experience with privacy regulatory,
legal, or compliance experience, data protection standards, and
- Project planning and project management experience.
- Understands technology and applies privacy knowledge to achieve
practical, compliant solutions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and
written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues
as understandable language within American Honda, and with other
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and tactfully with
all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously with a
strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and organize and
schedule work effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, legal research,
and analytical skills a plus.
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
certification a plus. Required Education: Bachelor's degree in
Business, Management, or related field or equivalent professional
experience Desired skills:
- Experience working with legal counsel a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, Teams, Sharepoint). Knowledge of specialized compliance
tools is a plus (e.g., data mapping, privacy impact assessments,
One Trust, etc.). What differentiates Honda and makes us an
employer of choice? Total Rewards:
- Competitive base salary, $79,700 -$119,600
- Pay will be based on several variables that include, but are
not limited to geographic location, work experience, education,
- Annual Bonus
- Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time,
and personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution Career
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs Additional Offerings:
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks on-site Honda is an equal opportunity employer and
considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Keywords: American Honda Motor Co Inc, Torrance , Senior Analyst, Consumer Data Privacy, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!