Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Salary Range: $140,996- $247,721
The Divisional Controller reports to the CFO with matrix reporting
to SVP, International Freight Forwarding. This position has
functional responsibility over Divisional accounting, budget,
forecasting, accounts receivables and accounts payables. The
Divisional Controller is accountable for the accounting and finance
operations of the International Freight Fowarding Group, to include
the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate
system of accounting records, and the enforcement of a
comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance
the accuracy of the Business unit's reported financial results, and
ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted
accounting principles. The Divisional Controller is a key member of
the divisional leadership team and plays a critical role in
facilitating enterprise value creation.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Business partnership with Divisional SVP and leadership
- Stewardship of enterprise value creation through careful
allocation of capital and growth/profit improvement
- Develop and coordinate the financial divisional financial
analysis activity in conjunction with the corporate financial
- Responsible to ensure divisional adherence to Corporate
Financial controls and Procedures.
- Stringent working capital management
- Preparation and analysis of Divisional monthly financial
- Coordination and development of the Division's annual budgets
and financial forecasts.
- Oversee cost control efforts to minimize divisional costs such
as Overhead (DOH) expenses, operating expenses etc. through timely
reporting of such expenses throughout the region and escalation of
these reports to divisional and corporate management.
- Maintenance and development of both Financial and Operational
KPI and Reporting in Power Bi dashboards on a daily/weekly/monthly
- Develop, review and monitor the divisions capital investment
projects to be presented to the Investment Committee and if
approved executed by the Division.
- Assist in the coordination of the company's internal and JSOX
- Assist with the design and execution of remediation efforts for
- Credit Management: oversee the division's credit review and
request process by coordinating the effort of division personnel
and working directly with the Corporate Credit Department focusing
on securing credit for customers while minimizing risk/exposure to
- Manage the division's collection efforts in coordination with
the operational management of each branch/region
- Own, oversee, monitor, report and optimize alignment with
budget, customer billing, forecast, accounts receivables and
accounts payables processes & procedures.
- All other projects deemed appropriate by the SVP/CFO and or the
Qualifications Education and Experience
- BA in Accounting/Finance - Advanced degree MBA, CPA a
- 7 - 10 years of senior financial management and supervisory
experience, preferably in the Logistics/Transportation/Supply Chain
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong
presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed knowledge of general accounting procedures and
- Accuracy and precision in mathematical functions.
- Advanced knowledge of computerized accounting systems and MS
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to gather and interpret data, compile information and
- Ability to verify data input and to identify and correct
- Ability to impart and manage confidential information.
- Ability to create and maintain records and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet
deadlines, per to be determined schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with
other departments and teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates and recommends alternative solutions for process
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and
ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies:
Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility,
Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, and Customer Focus.
- Work outside of normal business hours as required.
- Ability to manage staff both in corporate office and remote
- Travel overnight as required, up to 20%.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and
preparing reports and work schedule etc.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature of work
being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply
chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge
better connections between businesses, customers and communities -
through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding,
warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated
to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works
with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the
world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Torrance , Division Controller, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!