Maintenance Tech - Electrician
Company: Howmet Corporation
Posted on: November 13, 2023
About Howmet Aerospace Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE: HWM),
headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading global
provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and
transportation industries. The Company's sales for 2021
approximated $5 billion. The Company's primary businesses focus on
jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium
structural parts and forged wheels. With nearly 1,150 granted and
pending patents, the Company's differentiated technologies promote
more fuel efficiency for aircraft and commercial transportation.
For more information, visit www.howmet.com, including content
shared during the Company's May 2022 Technology Day. Howmet
Fastening Systems (HFS) is seeking a Maintenance Tech - Electrician
in our Torrance, CA location. HFS is a business unit of Howmet
Aerospace, headquartered in Torrance, California. We hold the
number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and
we're the North American leader in commercial transportation
fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are
found nose to tail on aircraft and aerospace engines. Our products
are also critical components of industrial gas turbines,
automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction
and industrial equipment. Position Summary You will play a vital
role in ensuring the continuous and efficient operation of our
facility. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing,
and maintaining electrical systems, machinery, and equipment to
minimize downtime and uphold safety and quality standards. Job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strictly adhere to safety regulations and plant policies.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain
production machines and the plant facility's tools and
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of
production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, repair, or replace parts, test and make
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those
and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- At the end of the shift, secure all equipment and complete all
necessary paperwork. Knowledge and Skills
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to work on oily and noisy
- Knowledge of or experience in working with 120/240-volt, single
phase electric power.
- Knowledge of or experience in working with 480-volt, 3 phase
- Knowledge of or experience in working with Screw Machines,
Drillers, Tappers, and other manufacturing equipment, as well as
troubleshooting the above-mentioned machines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Physically able to stand, bend, reach, stretch, and lift 15-35
- Flexible, whatever it takes attitude.
- Detail oriented and can follow both oral and written
directions, ability to work unsupervised. ,
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (Preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Maintenance Electrician
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee Benefits/Salary:
The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive
benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental,
vision), excellent 401k matching program, paid holidays and
vacation. The salary range for this position is $18.91-$28.00.
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE: HWM), headquartered in Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered
solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The
Company's sales for 2022 approximated $5.7 billion. The Company's
primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace
fastening systems, titanium structural parts and forged wheels.
With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the Company's
differentiated technologies promote more fuel efficiency for
aircraft and commercial transportation. For more information, visit
www.howmet.com, including content shared during the Company's May
2022 Technology Day.
Follow: LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Howmet is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
If you need assistance to complete your application due to a
disability, please email TalentAcquisitionCoE_Howmet@howmet.com
About the Team
Howmet fastening systems are the premier aerospace and industrial
fasteners, latches, bearings, fluid fittings and installation
tools. Our products are used nose to tail on commercial and
military defense aircraft, as well as on jet engines, automobiles,
commercial transportation vehicles, wind turbines, solar power
systems, and construction and industrial equipment. ,
09/22/2023, 05:23 PM
3000 W Lomita Blvd., Torrance, CA, 90505, US
Remote Work Schedule Availability?
Keywords: Howmet Corporation, Torrance , Maintenance Tech - Electrician, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!