Production Supervisor, Intermediate - Metal Shop
Company: Virco MFG. Corpoation
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description Safety Statement:This is a safety sensitive
position. Job Purpose:Maintains and supervises company productivity
and quality standards per specifications. Ensures all work is
scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner. Essential
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of areas of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains quality assurance standards and
controls to ensure company products conform to specifications.
- Instructs, orients, motivates, and otherwise assists employees
so that production and quality objectives are achieved.
- Ensures that safety, quality, and housekeeping standards are
- Ensures employees receive proper training on company equipment
as required by OSHA Regulations.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees: Plans, assigns, and
directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines
employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Coordinates and supervises activities of personnel, determining
specific work assignments.
- Oversees and provides training for personnel within their job
descriptions until they are able to successfully maintain job
quality and performance.
- Ensures availability of materials, anticipating requirements
and maintaining current inventory.
- Recommends ways to improve output and material flow.
- Uses SAP to support the production process and material flow
throughout the plants.
- Reviews production costs and cost trends. Takes the initiative
in making suggestions to control costs.
- Monitors production quality on an on-going basis. Makes
adjustments to processes to maximize product quality.
- Assures that employees learn to work independently and be
responsible for, but not limited to, in verifying the quality and
quantity of material they produce, teaching them to fill-out their
own time card accordingly, running the assigned machinery in a safe
manner and accordingly by documenting the correct part number and
the quantity of pieces they produce.
- Analyzes and reports production and quality results.
- Monitors production area environment to ensure that product is
being manufactured in a safe manner.
- Coordinates and conducts weekly safety meetings with
- Coordinates and conducts monthly safety inspections in the
- Writes injury reports for injured employees and follows up
accordingly with employee's status of injury and working
- Maintains continuous feedback to employees concerning job
performance, as well as conducting a yearly performance
- Identifies potential hazards in the work area.
- Must be flexible to perform other duties as assigned and
required by the department.Required Qualifications:
- Must have a college degree, preferably in a business field, or
at least five years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a minimum of three to five years of experience in a
manufacturing environment or equivalent education and
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership and management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to use a forklift, tape measure, a telephone,
2-way radio, pallet jack, and the computer system used at
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (MS Word and Excel) and
- The ability to lead, influence and interact effectively with
all levels of management.
- Must be able to pass a forklift-driving and background test to
become an authorized forklift driver.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Need to be flexible with required working hours, including
- Must be able to speak English. Preferred Qualifications
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Torrance). Physical
Requirements:Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 to 50 lbs.
pounds to waist level. When training new employees on the essential
job duties, may occasionally be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to walk around at least 8 to 10 hours a day standing
in the manufacturing and warehouse environment. Must wear
applicable and proper protective equipment including, but not
limited to: protective eye and/or hearing equipment to safely
perform job duties. This job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Virco MFG. Corpoation, Torrance , Production Supervisor, Intermediate - Metal Shop, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!