Pharmacy Technician - Medical Network
Posted on: August 6, 2022
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on
the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second
matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses
through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've
achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing
excellence. From working with a team of premier healthcare
professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have
everything you need to do something incredible-for yourself, and
for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has
named us one of America's Best Hospitals! -What will you be doing
in this role? -This position involves -driving to -some of our
Cedars-Sinai affiliates (West Side, San Fernando Valley &
Pasadena). -The Pharmacy Technician at the Cedars-Sinai Medical
Network Foundation supports the physician and clinical staff
offices in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of
medically related tasks in the area of pharmaceutical supplies and
- You will assist in overseeing appropriate use of Pyxis
- Provides training to all nursing staff on the appropriate use
- Ensures staff is properly signing out medications and all
medications are accounted for.
- Restocking appropriate medications into Pyxis as par levels
- Performs inventory of medications in Pyxis on a weekly
- Checks for expired medications on a monthly basis
- Sends expired medications back to manufacturer/vendor, if
- Assures all refrigeration temperatures are in range
- Generates various reports from Pyxis on a daily/weekly/monthly
basis depending on the report
- Facilitates Injectable Medication Authorization process
- Educates and reinforces office staff regarding the completion
of the injectable medication referral form.
- Assists Pharmacy Buyer with Medication Purchasing (if
- Creates POs for all medications to be purchased in
- Procures medications from appropriate vendor based on
established or projected inventory needs for all medical group
- Verifies accuracy of medications received and conducts
follow-up when problems are identified.
- Performs weekly audits of vendor invoices to ensure company is
billed at the contract price.
- High School Diploma/GEDLicenses:
- CA Pharmacy Tech License
- CA valid Driver's licenseWhat else are we looking for?
- Med Purchasing/Pyxis: 1 year experience in inpatient hospital,
and/or relevant experience in pharmacy setting
- Experience with Pyxis or any automated medication dispensing
units is preferredPhysical Demands:
- Lifting, Standing, walking, sitting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, climbing, stooping, balancing, kneeling, crouching,
handling, grasping, hearing, talking. The physical ability and
perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect
patient care functions. Must be able to perform assigned duties in
a demanding work environment.
Working Title:Pharmacy Technician - Medical Network
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Torrance , Pharmacy Technician - Medical Network, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!