Invasive Cardiovascular Technician *$10,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling an Invasive Cardiovascular
Technician (Full-Time/Day Shift) to Providence Little Company Of
Mary Torrance Hospital in Torrance, CA. $10,000 Hiring Bonus for
eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment-
this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation
package offer by Providence that begin on your fist day of
employment. Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will
receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE
screening and interview system. Please upload a current resume and
complete application reflecting all relevant experience. We are
seeking an Invasive Cardiovascular Technician who will monitor and
record all hemodynamic data. Has the ability to scrub on all case
types in the Angiography center. Employee will assist in the
Angiography center following established hospital policy and
procedure set forth. Employee will provide patient care to the
following age groups: young, middle, and older adults. In this
position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate ability to assist physician scrubbing all case
- Demonstrate ability to perform Hemodynamic and cardiac
monitoring on all patients.
- Demonstrate ability to perform emergency care under BCLS and
activate the code blue process.
- Complete all documents involved in patient care legibly and in
a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to set up and maintain a sterile
- Use good body mechanics when transporting, sheath removal,
anatomical positioning of patients or with moving patients.
- Demonstrate ability to safely and competently perform
therapeutic/diagnostic interventions under the direction of a
physician according to hospital policy and procedure. To include
but not limited to:
- Routine pre and post cardiovascular teaching.
- Sterile technique with set-up for all procedures.
- Scrub duties.
- Monitoring duties.
- IABP set up.
- Oxygen delivery.
- Hemodynamic monitoring 12 lead EKG.
- Preparing cardiovascular reports.
- Doppler indexes.
- Demonstrate the ability to safely and competently use equipment
directly involved in patient care.
- Obtain -necessary in-service prior to equipment used.
- Assure that equipment is operating prior to use.
- Use all equipment according to hospital policy and
- Function to position patient to best demonstrate the area of
interest, respecting patient's ability and comfort. Immobilizes
patient as required for appropriate exam.
- Responsible for maintaining stock rooms, cleaning rooms and
instruments between cases.
- Ability to participate in standby call schedule for emergency
coverage after hours and on weekends after a reasonable training
period, not to exceed six months. Must be able to respond to
hospital within 30 minutes of call. Minimum one day a week and one
weekend a month.
- Delegate duties and tasks to others after assessment of
capability, determination of scope of practice, responsibilities
and awareness of staff members' performance standards.
- Demonstrate priority setting ability and organizational
- Accept assignments willingly or discusses concerns
appropriately, keeping continuity of care uppermost in mind.
- EP Related Duties:
- Demonstrate the ability to assist and monitor with all EP
- Demonstrate the ability to setup sterile fields for EP
- Understanding of the electrophysiology of the heart and
abnormalities which may occur.
- Demonstrate the ability to setup and perform radiological
procedures on all EP patients.
- Ability to run and diagnosis advanced EP monitoring to include
additional channel beyond basic 12 lead.
- Documentation/Information Management:
- Ensure clinical data is correct and appropriate for specific
procedures being requested. Ability to demonstrate correct spelling
of patient name, physician name and use of mnemonics.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the hospital information
system and other computer based communication and data base
- Perform documentation that is timely, accurate and concise per
department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate confidentiality in using own password and all
patient care modules.
- Respect patient and family rights/privacy ensuring
confidentiality at all times.
- Proficient in the use of copier, fax machine, Meditech and
department computer systems.
- Demonstrate appropriate telephone etiquette stating name,
department and a greeting. Answers telephone in three rings.
- Consistently plans work duties and assignments to achieve
maximum efficiency. Coordinate breaks with other members of the
team to maintain adequate coverage at all times.
- Ensure completion of all procedures and assignments during
assigned shift and appropriately and adjusts schedule to meet
demands of the workload.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize work load and uses slow
periods productively and to enhance job knowledge.
- Assist with orientation/training of employees new to the
- Work with minimal supervision for the successful completion of
- Demonstrate awareness of, and compliance to legal issues in
respect to patient care. Maintains complete confidentiality of all
patient and hospital related information.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for own professional
growth and practice. This includes maintaining current licensure
and as appropriate and completing all required in-service
- Attend all assigned staff development activities for department
including minimum attendance at all scheduled staff/hospital
- Participate in cross training activities when necessary.
- Recognize and perform duties which need to be performed
although not directly assigned.
- Competency Charting/Performance Improvement:
- Actively participates in the hospital's continuous quality
- Maintain awareness/involvement in departmental/hospital
performance improvement and quality control activities.
- Participate and understand performance improvement principles
in job performance.
- Comply with department performance improvement process.
- Meet department/hospital customer service standards in the
performance of duties.
- Budget Responsibilities:
- Responsible for knowledge of and compliance with the budget and
- Identify opportunities for cost containment.
- Usenand maintain inventory of office and medical supplies
efficiently and reorders through appropriate personnel when
- Report to supervisor any suggestions to increase productivity
or quality or work. Required qualifications for this position
- Education to meet certification, license or registration
- Computer entry and word processing.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- Certification in ACLS.
- Basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Ability to accurately complete assigned tasks, must be detail
oriented and able to organize work and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative
(Service-Oriented) working relationship with patients, families and
co-workers. About the hospital you will serve Providence Little
Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit
hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los
Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence
and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal,
healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical
and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs
including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health,
Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the
Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only
community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one
of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American
Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in
quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for
Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals
and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for
Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of
Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare
ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each
person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of
our community. About Providence At Providence, our strength lies in
Our Promise of "Know me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our
family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll
walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can
support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P351161 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Cardio Services Job
Function: Clinical Care Schedule: Full time Shift: Day Career
Track: Clinical Professional Department: 7014 LCMT CATH LAB
Address: CA Torrance 4101 Torrance Blvd Providence is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military
status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Torrance , Invasive Cardiovascular Technician *$10,000 Hiring Bonus*, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!