Invasive Cardiovascular Technician *$10,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Providence is calling an Invasive Cardiovascular Technician
(Full-Time/Day Shift) to Providence Little Company Of Mary Torrance
Hospital in Torrance, CA. Apply today! Applicants that meet
qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from
our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system. $10,000 Hiring
Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for
payment- this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and
compensation package offer by Providence that begin on your fist
day of employment. Please upload a current resume and complete
application reflecting all relevant experience. We are seeking an
Invasive Cardiovascular Technician who will monitor and record all
hemodynamic data. Has the ability to scrub on all case types in the
Angiography center. Employee will assist in the Angiography center
following established hospital policy and procedure set forth.
Employee will provide patient care to the following age groups:
young, middle, and older adults. In this position you will have the
following responsibilities: * Demonstrate ability to assist
physician scrubbing all case types.
* Demonstrate ability to perform Hemodynamic and cardiac monitoring
on all patients.
* Demonstrate ability to perform emergency care under BCLS and
activate the code blue process.
* Complete all documents involved in patient care legibly and in a
* Demonstrate the ability to set up and maintain a sterile
* Use good body mechanics when transporting, sheath removal,
anatomical positioning of patients or with moving patients.
* Demonstrate ability to safely and competently perform
therapeutic/diagnostic interventions under the direction of a
physician according to hospital policy and procedure. To include
but not limited to:
* Routine pre and post cardiovascular teaching.
* Sterile technique with set-up for all procedures.
* Scrub duties.
* Monitoring duties.
* IABP set up.
* Oxygen delivery.
* Hemodynamic monitoring 12 lead EKG.
* Preparing cardiovascular reports.
* Doppler indexes.
* Demonstrate the ability to safely and competently use equipment
directly involved in patient care.
* Obtain -necessary in-service prior to equipment used.
* Assure that equipment is operating prior to use.
* Use all equipment according to hospital policy and procedure.
* Function to position patient to best demonstrate the area of
interest, respecting patient's ability and comfort. Immobilizes
patient as required for appropriate exam.
* Responsible for maintaining stock rooms, cleaning rooms and
instruments between cases.
* Ability to participate in standby call schedule for emergency
coverage after hours and on weekends after a reasonable training
period, not to exceed six months. Must be able to respond to
hospital within 30 minutes of call. Minimum one day a week and one
weekend a month.
* Delegate duties and tasks to others after assessment of
capability, determination of scope of practice, responsibilities
and awareness of staff members' performance standards.
* Demonstrate priority setting ability and organizational
* Accept assignments willingly or discusses concerns appropriately,
keeping continuity of care uppermost in mind.
* EP Related Duties:
* Demonstrate the ability to assist and monitor with all EP
* Demonstrate the ability to setup sterile fields for EP cases.
* Understanding of the electrophysiology of the heart and
abnormalities which may occur.
* Demonstrate the ability to setup and perform radiological
procedures on all EP patients.
* Ability to run and diagnosis advanced EP monitoring to include
additional channel beyond basic 12 lead.
* Documentation/Information Management:
* Ensure clinical data is correct and appropriate for specific
procedures being requested. Ability to demonstrate correct spelling
of patient name, physician name and use of mnemonics.
* Demonstrate working knowledge of the hospital information system
and other computer based communication and data base systems.
* Perform documentation that is timely, accurate and concise per
department and hospital policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate confidentiality in using own password and all patient
* Respect patient and family rights/privacy ensuring
confidentiality at all times.
* Proficient in the use of copier, fax machine, Meditech and
department computer systems.
* Demonstrate appropriate telephone etiquette stating name,
department and a greeting. Answers telephone in three rings.
* Consistently plans work duties and assignments to achieve maximum
efficiency. Coordinate breaks with other members of the team to
maintain adequate coverage at all times.
* Ensure completion of all procedures and assignments during
assigned shift and appropriately and adjusts schedule to meet
demands of the workload.
* Demonstrate the ability to prioritize work load and uses slow
periods productively and to enhance job knowledge.
* Assist with orientation/training of employees new to the
* Work with minimal supervision for the successful completion of
* Demonstrate awareness of, and compliance to legal issues in
respect to patient care. Maintains complete confidentiality of all
patient and hospital related information.
* Assume responsibility and accountability for own professional
growth and practice. This includes maintaining current licensure
and as appropriate and completing all required in-service
* Attend all assigned staff development activities for department
including minimum attendance at all scheduled staff/hospital
* Participate in cross training activities when necessary.
* Recognize and perform duties which need to be performed although
not directly assigned.
* Competency Charting/Performance Improvement:
* Actively participates in the hospital's continuous quality
* Maintain awareness/involvement in departmental/hospital
performance improvement and quality control activities.
* Participate and understand performance improvement principles in
* Comply with department performance improvement process.
* Meet department/hospital customer service standards in the
performance of duties.
* Budget Responsibilities:
* Responsible for knowledge of and compliance with the budget and
* Identify opportunities for cost containment.
* Usenand maintain inventory of office and medical supplies
efficiently and reorders through appropriate personnel when
* Report to supervisor any suggestions to increase productivity or
quality or work. Required qualifications for this position
includes: * Education to meet certification, license or
registration requirement. * Computer entry and word processing. *
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS). * Certification in ACLS. * Basic
medical terminology and abbreviations. * Ability to accurately
complete assigned tasks, must be detail oriented and able to
organize work and prioritize assignments. * Ability to establish
and maintain a courteous and cooperative (Service-Oriented) working
relationship with patients, families and co-workers. About the
hospital you will serve Providence Little Company of Mary Medical
Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served
the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We
have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated
technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In
addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care
services, we offer a number of specialty programs including
Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology,
and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S.
Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community
hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five
hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital
Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality
improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding
Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health
systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by
the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health &
Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe
strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special
concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Torrance , Invasive Cardiovascular Technician *$10,000 Hiring Bonus*, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!