Entry Writer II- Customs Brokerage
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: January 3, 2022
The Entry Writer II is r esponsible for the accurate and timely
submission of customs entries for clearance of in-bound cargo
through US Customs and facilitating the delivery of freight to
customers. The Customs Entry Writer serves as a customer advocate
and must possess good customer service skills.
Responsibilities CBP Entry preparation and transmission
- Receive and review documentation, to input and transmit data
for CBP release of shipments.
- Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data
required for preparing an entry.
- Possess the ability to classify products according to the
- Ability to identify products that are subject to OGAs
- Organize the work area to identify the status of every file
through every phase of the CBP entry process.
- Recognize routine and non-routine transactions for reporting
discrepancies to management. Interface with customers on CBP, OGA,
delivery, and irregularities
- Report all issues to customers and management affecting timely
clearance and delivery in a timely manner.
- Report problem resolutions to management in a timely manner
including suggestions for problem avoidance in the future.
- Communicate in writing or verbally with customers and
management all issues affecting specific urgent shipments Delivery
of freight to customers:
- Track and trace shipments and coordinate with steamship lines,
freight forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of
- R ecommend solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flow b
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to CHB including the
issuance of invoices to customers or overseas offices as well as
the processing of payment requisitions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience and/or training as an entry writer or in
customs broker operations.
- Sound knowledge of US Customs and Harmonized Tariff Codes.
- Experience providing effective customer service to internal and
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient
in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and
Internet Browser.) Strong keyboard skills. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature of work being performed.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International
Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions.
With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary
employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small
companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they
need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information,
please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Torrance , Entry Writer II- Customs Brokerage, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!