Training & Safety Specialist
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Overview Provide training to new and current employees and
temporary associates in receiving, storing, recycling, shipping,
and transporting of warehoused goods and products safely and in
accordance with Material Handler (MH) and Equipment Operator (EO)
80% Train or Re-train staff on the following but not limited
- Utilization of RF (Radio Frequency) equipment.
- Proper unloading/loading.
- Operation of motorized equipment, i.e. cherry-pickers,
motorized pallet jack, etc. and including, but not limited to
counterbalance lift with attachments such as forks, clamp, slip
- Disassembling, reassembling, or repairing products, materials,
- Sort, bale, weigh, load, and recycle materials based on
- Attach identifying tags or labels, or mark information on
cartons or other containers.
- Fill shipping orders for various customers' products to prepare
- Specialized customer account procedures.
- Safety policies and procedures related to each job
- Assist in the creation and improvement of training guides.
20% Monitor the Safety of all employees by:
- Performing daily Safety Observations
- Partnering with Agency On-Site to improve Safety culture
- Provide Safety recommendations to Management
- Reporting Near Miss and Safety violations in SIMS. Essential
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and associates in an
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Train and Follow up on progress with new employees and
- Collaborate with Management on associates progress and
recommend actions for improvement.
- Champion or participate on a KAIZEN at least once per
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty of MH and EO without oversight or
assistance on required tasks.
- Individual must have excellent written and communication
- Multi-lingual preferred
- High school diploma or GED and one-year related experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics
products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated
Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services,
along with transportation solutions all while providing complete
and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit
our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and
gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's
employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training,
leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Torrance , Training & Safety Specialist, Professions , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!