Commercial Business Development
Company: Inversion Space
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Who We Are:
Inversion was founded in 2021 with the mission to build the first
affordable, high cadence return capability for the commercial and
defense space industries. With launching to space becoming cheap
and frequent, comparable options for return must become available
to allow for a robust economy in space. We believe in a future
where returning from space is as common as launching to space.
Inversion is building reentry vehicles faster and cheaper than ever
before through a focus on simplicity.
This next-generation class of space vehicle will finally be able to
provide high-frequency return of research, goods, supplies, and
equipment that is critical for all future commercial activities and
supply chains in space. With launch costs at an all-time low and
dropping, now is the time to build these round-trip capabilities.
Inversion has ambitious goals with strong financial backing to make
this a reality.
What You'll Do:
Our Business Development role is the backbone of our go-to-market
strategy and will support development and execution of the
division's sales strategy. With a new space market blooming, and
many use-cases of our capsules, Business Development and Sales is
one of the most important and impressive aspects of what we're
- Identify, build and maintain strategic relationships within the
commercial aerospace sector.
- Source, reach out to, and close commercial customers.
- Attend conferences, symposiums, etc., showcasing Inversion's
- Lead all pipeline and forecasting efforts that inform company
strategy and planning.
- Take ownership over a portfolio of business development
relationships with key enterprises.
- Disseminate customer feedback and work with the engineering
team to shape product direction.
- Synthesize complex information and make actionable
recommendations to the leadership team.
- Manage the sales pipeline and close deals. Manage proposal
planning, preparation and submission.
What It Takes:
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
5+ years of experience in a business development, sales
engineering, or engineering role.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role.
What We'd Love:
- Financial modeling and forecasting experience.
- Proposal development, writing and best practices
- Experience carrying a revenue quota as an individual
- Experience with hardware, communications, or networking
- Experience at an early-stage technology startup that went to
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
Where You'll Be:
Our office headquarters is located in Torrance, CA. All jobs
require you to work onsite unless otherwise stated in the job
If working remote is an option, other major metropolitan locations
in the U.S. with relevance to the space industry may be
Travel may be required (up to 30%) for this role.
Hiring Manager's Note: I'm stoked to expand the BD team at
Inversion! This role will work directly alongside me to meet with
customers, write proposals, and be the engine of growth for
Inversion. Let's make space a transportation layer for Earth!
The California annual base salary for this role is currently
$120,000 - $220,000. Pay Grades are determined by role, level,
location, and alignment with market data. Individual pay will be
determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the
following considerations: interviews and an assessment of several
factors that are unique to each candidate, job-related skills,
relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the
candidate and internal equity.
Keywords: Inversion Space, Torrance , Commercial Business Development, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!