Buyer (Japanese/English Bilingual)
Company: Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Sumitomo Electric U.S.A. Holdings, Inc., a Sumitomo Electric
Group company, is looking for a Buyer for our Procurement and
Logistics Department in Torrance office. This is a full-time exempt
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Process documents for IPO business and handle global logistics
* Perform duties assigned by supervisor.
* Monitor the process of all IPO operations such as logistics,
document process and payment collection.
* Search for and locate better suppliers.
* Support the manager/Assistant Manager in negotiating with vendors
and customers for possible best deals in pricing, delivery,
quality, terms, and other related issues.
* Maintain open and smooth communication channels with suppliers
* Reply to our customer's questions and inquiries.
* Coordinate with suppliers for shipping schedules and quality
* Coordinate and manage import, export, and logistics
* Prepare and submit monthly reports to the manager on the status
of orders and sales.
* Monitor the processing of paperwork timely and properly.
* Monitor the payment status and follow up the payment
* Other duties assigned by manager.
* A./B.S. or equivalent relevant experience with a minimum of at
least three years of progressive experience; preferably in an
* Must have fluency in communication skills in English and Japanese
(business level in speaking and writing).
* Ability work independently with high accuracy and pay attention
* Must be able to multi-task, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines,
and interact effectively.
* Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to handle tasks independently and proactively.
* Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills; problem solving;
* Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal
skills, organizational expertise, discretion, tact, and excellent
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
* Ability to work in multi-cultural work environment.
* Ability to interact effectively with all company leadership and
* Ability to work overtime as required.
* Ability to travel from time to time.
About Sumitomo Electric Group
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. is a recognized global
technology leader with over 280,000 employees working at around 400
group companies in 40 countries. Building on more than 120 years of
innovation, today Sumitomo Electric is engaged in diversified
business activities that support people's daily lives and
industries in five business segments: automotive,
infocommunications, electronics, environment & energy, and
industrial materials. To learn more about Sumitomo Electric, please
visit https://sumitomoelectric.com. You can watch videos from our
past interns and corporate profile from our YouTube Channel
(https://www.youtube.com/user/SumitomoElectric/). Follow us on
SEUHO is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., Torrance , Buyer (Japanese/English Bilingual), Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!