Medical Assistant - Ambulatory Float Pool
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Join Cedars-Sinai!Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked
the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S.
News & World Report, 2022-23Cedars-Sinai was awarded the Advisory
Board Company's Workplace of the Year which is an award that
recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have
outstanding levels of employee engagement. We also have a great
benefits package and competitive compensation which explains why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best
Hospitals!Why work here?Beyond outstanding employee benefits
including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we
take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff
reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve.
They are proof of our dedication to creating a dynamic, inclusive
environment that fuels innovation.A Little More About What You Will
be DoingThe Medical Assistant provides clinical and administrative
support to nurses, physicians and allied health professionals
(Clinicians) working in the hospital licensed clinics. Medical
Assistants may also perform non-invasive routine technical services
under the supervision of a licensed physician, surgeon or
podiatrist who is on the premises. The Medical Assistant functions
within their scope of education/ certification not to exceed what
is permitted by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center policies, procedures
and guidelines. Flexibility and ability to adapt to multiple
specialty clinics is needed.
- Collects patient history and documents in EMR appropriately.
Acquires all results (films, test) prior to patient visit.
- Maintains timely patient flow and room availability. Assists
patients with the completion of forms, as needed.
- Performs clinical responsibilities such as taking vital signs,
collecting lab specimens, performing EKG's, administering
medications and injections (as directed by clinician), and records
/ documents patient record.
- Participates in the patient check out process: facilitating
follow-up tests, and referrals and may participate in acquiring
prior authorizations to allow for timely scheduling of follow-up
appointments to other providers. Maintains referral system and
ensures accurate and timely follow through with all referrals
- Prepares, cleans exam / procedure room and setup appropriate
supplies. Ensures equipment, forms and educational materials are
available and ready for use during visit / procedure. Maintains and
monitors all equipment used for patient care and testing and
reports discrepancies to supervisor.
- Collects and prepares specimens and transports to lab. Follows
hospital policy for specimen labeling and logging.
- Performs unit office procedures including all general
administrative duties as required (i.e. scanning, filing, faxing,
phones, courier duties, etc.).
- Acts as a transporter for stable, non-acute patients for
testing or treatment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant programExperience
- 1 year Medical Assistant, medical office, ambulatory care
facility or medical group practice preferredLicenses/Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association or
American Red Cross required
- Medical Assistant certification and/or diploma required
- California Certified Phlebotomy License required
Working Title:Medical Assistant - Ambulatory Float Pool
Department:Ambulatory Division Float Pool
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Torrance , Medical Assistant - Ambulatory Float Pool, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!