Coach / Direct Support Professional
Company: ICAN California Abilities Network
Posted on: November 21, 2022
ICAN has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all
staff. As part of your application, you will be asked to certify
you are currently fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or willing to be
fully vaccinated from COVID-19 before starting work.ICAN now offers
new hires a $500 signing bonus after completion of a successful
probationary period of 90 days.Primary FunctionA Coach provides
direct support and care for clients with developmental and physical
disabilities. This position supports and fosters client choice. The
Coach will teach daily activities such as vocational, social, and
life skills to promote independent living. The Coach must be an
organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and dependable individual.
This is an entry level position. The Coach reports directly to the
Partial Work Program Manager. ScheduleThis position is a part-time
position with a Monday through Friday schedule for one of the
- AM Program: 8:15 A.M. to 2:15 P.M.
- PM Program: 12:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.All coaches are required to
also attend an additional weekly one-hour team
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be eligible to work legally in the United States
- Must be fully vaccinated from Covid-19
- Must be able to maintain regular attendance
- Must be able to consistently arrive on time
- Must be able to multitask and work independently with
- Must be able to meet schedules and deadlines
- Must be an organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and dependable
- Must follow all the rules and regulations listed in ICAN's
Policy and Procedures Manual and ICAN's Code of Conduct and
- Must be comfortable working with and directly caring for people
with developmental disabilities in a group setting, whether in a
controlled environment or in the communityEducation, Experience,
- Must have a high school diploma from a recognized, accredited
high school (No GED)
- Six months experience working with people with disabilities
preferred but not required
- Must have computer skills, preferably including the use of Mac
Products, Excel, Word, Pages, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google
Drive, and Dropbox
- Must have adequate typing skills
- Must be fluent in English and have basic English writing and
- Bilingual in Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or ASL a
plusLicenses and Other Requirements
- Must have the ability to pass tuberculosis skin test
- Submit to a fingerprint clearance through LiveScan before
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified or be willing to complete
CPR and First Aid certification
- Must be CPI certified or willing to complete prevention-first
training at hire
- If driving company vehicles, must maintain a valid California
driver's license throughout employment. Must also submit to a DMV
- Must have reliable transportation. If taking public
transportation, must have the ability to travel to job sites and
hiring locations in the South Bay, West Los Angeles,and/or greater
Long Beach areas. If using a private vehicle, valid California
Driver's License or valid driver's license from another state at
the time of interview and throughout employment with a clean three
year driving record. Willingness to submit to DMV background check
and provide evidence of current auto registration and liability
insurance.Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Having dexterity of hands and fingers to operate standard
office and computer equipment
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 70 pounds
including pushing a wheelchair
- Transferring an individual with little or no weight-bearing
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, or crouching to assist
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally
- Working in indoor and outdoor environments, as well as
- Maintaining visual contact with the clients at all times,
except when the clients are using the restroom facilities.
- Providing small group instruction and assistance to the clients
during their activities.
- Engaging in interactive conversations with clients that
encourage opportunities for growth in defining, developing and
implementing the clients' goals.
- Keeping cell phones on and within reach throughout club time to
be able to receive communication from the administrative team.
(Cell phones should only be used for ICAN use during work
- Maintaining all required client documentation by completing
case notes before the end of your shift. Case notes must be
submitted with correct grammar and spelling, or they may be
returned. Case notes should take an average of ten minutes per
- Cleaning spaces used by clubs before leaving for the day.
- Reporting any unusual incidents, concerning behavior, or
suspected abuse to the program manager or assistant manager
- As directed, driving company vehicles to transport clients to
club locations, which also requires use of defensive driving
techniques and staying focused on the road at all times.
- Maintaining secure possession of ICAN cash allowances, company
credit cards, and copies of receipts for all purchases, to be
turned in at the end of the day.
- Participating in the preparing and executing of the weekly
schedule of activities and lesson plans.
- Participating in team meetings as directed.
- Writing the lesson plans for the activities of multiple clubs
in the ICAN Partial Work Program by given schedules and deadlines.
These activities should provide experience with everyday living
skills according to each client's program goals and
- Providing positive role modeling to clients and the ICAN
- Maintaining positive and cooperative working relationships with
clients, guardians, coworkers and ICAN staff.PM22PI195036166
Keywords: ICAN California Abilities Network, Torrance , Coach / Direct Support Professional, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!