Company: King's Hawaiian
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family).
We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting
our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow
and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana
members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely
collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore
innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also
passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of
our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with
our team, come and join our `ohana!
Working under general supervision, the Benefits Administrator will
support the implementation and administration of employee benefit
programs at King's Hawaiian, including health and welfare,
wellness, retirement, time off, and leaves of absence. Principal
outcomes of this position include quality manage-ment of
benefits-related processes and data, and an overall elevated
participant experience. The Benefits Administrator creates an
irresistible employee experience through participation in company
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform routine quality checks on benefits-related data housed
in King's Hawaiian HR and Payroll systems, including enrollment,
contributions, deductions, COBRA, and other benefit changes.
- Monitor the flow of data between internal and external systems;
identify data discrepancies and integration issues quickly and
- Assist with 401(k) plan administration, including the audit of
payroll deferrals and match contributions, preparation of annual
compliance reporting, plan enrollment, and participant
- Assist with NQDC plan administration, including the audit of
payroll deductions and employee contributions, preparation of
compliance reporting, plan enrollment, and participant and
- Partner with employees and managers on escalated absence (time
offs and leaves of absence) issues, including time tracking, pay
status, return to work, and status management.
- Manage the tuition reimbursement program: identify and
implement program enhancements, ensure policy updates are
maintained in program documentation, establish and maintain vendor
partnerships, adjudicate reimbursement exceptions, and ensure
- Collaborate with internal partners to create an irresistible
candidate and employee experience by supporting talent acquisition
and onboarding activities, including candidate inquiries, new hire
orientation, and initial enrollment.
- Support internal and external partners to achieve flawless
execution of the open enrollment experience.
- Support employees and people leaders with benefits-related
questions and facilitate the proper use of their elected
- Support the implementation and ongoing administration of
employee wellness programs.
- Participate in benefits events: health fairs, biometrics,
vaccinations, appreciation days, etc.
- Provide support as needed for the implementation and management
of the onsite clinic.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are
reasonably within the scope of this role.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in HR,
Business, Accounting, or equivalent work experience required;
Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) or similar certification
- At least 3 years of experience in a Human Resources or
Finance-related function required; benefits and/or analytical
- Demonstrated background of progressive responsibility in human
resources with proficient knowledge of benefits practices,
principles and regulations required; experience in a manufacturing
and/or corporate setting preferred
Additional Qualifications (job Skills, Abilities, Knowledge)
- Proficient knowledge of benefits practices and procedures for
the implementation and administration of organization-wide benefits
plans, programs, and policies.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and
Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations,
filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending,
affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA,
COBRA, FMLA, ADA, etc.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others;
conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and
to the organization
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity
to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional
partnerships within and outside of the organization
- Working knowledge of HR Management software such as Workday,
PeopleSoft or similar
- Proficient ability to organize, prioritize and control job
responsibilities to meet deadlines in an environment with
overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to
identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business
- Ability to assertively solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
- Willingness and ability to embrace King's Hawaiian's aloha
values of excellence, dignity, saying it like it is in a way it can
- Ability to demonstrate curiosity, collaboration,
critical-thinking and emotional intelligence
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for our ohana.
Keywords: King's Hawaiian, Torrance , Benefits Administrator, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!