Product Safety Specialist
Company: MANSON WESTERN LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2022
(Hybrid or Remote Position)
The Product Safety and Compliance Specialist, under the direction
of the Procurement Manager, is responsible for ensuring compliance
with domestic and international product safety requirements. The
Product Safety and Compliance Specialist must be skilled at
compliance research and with navigating a complex and changing
regulatory environment. This position will work closely with the
Procurement and Operations teams to ensure that all imports and
exports adhere to regulatory standards.
- Become an expert in our products and safety regulations such
that WPS can obtain and maintain compliance worldwide
- Understand export compliance and regulations for toy parts
- Communicate with domestic and international vendors and testing
labs to clarify product testing, marking, and labeling
- Coordinate product safety testing on all applicable products
and negotiate testing prices
- Analyze test results and instruct vendors with design flaw
- Organize and maintain up-to-date safety testing reports
- Create Declaration of Conformity documents to satisfy import
requirements across the globe
- Assist with inquiries from various customs offices
- Assist with compliance related to new product design
- Create product specification sheets (PSS) for custom items
Position Requirements (Skills, Knowledge, Abilities):
- 4+ years of safety and compliance experience
- Experience working with toy part or finished good exports,
compliance and regulations preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel
(capable of organizing large amounts of data in excel, advanced
skills like vlookup and other formulas)
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving, and
- Self-motivated team player with strong communication
- The physical demands described here must be met by an employee
to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision.
- The auditory/hearing abilities required by the job include
hearing others using a phone or online conferencing system.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged
- The individual must be responsible and regular attendance is
- 0-10%. Travel to the Torrance office for the occasional team or
corporate event, travel to various conferences or vendor sites
WPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.We proudly hire
U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to
apply.Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination ProvisionAt this time, WPS is unable to provide
Keywords: MANSON WESTERN LLC, Torrance , Product Safety Specialist, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!