Test Engineer - Aerospace component and systems test
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2022
PDS Tech Inc. is currently looking for a Test Engineer for our
Aerospace client in Torrance, CA6 mo+ 100% ON-SITE assignment -
Must be available to work night shift - 9PM to 6AMIf your
interested and meet the qualifications below, please apply and
email your updated Resume to so I can review it and get back to you
about your application.Job Title: Test Engineer Start Date: As soon
as cleared Pay/Bonus: DOE + Sign On Bonus
- $5,000 at 90 days
- $another $5,000 in 180 days Schedule: Night Shift - 9PM to 6AM
Location: Torrance, CA 90504 - (Near the intersection of W. 190th
St and Crenshaw Blvd) Type: Contract-to-Hire - Potential to convert
Duration: 1 year until perm or completion Education: Requires a
high school diploma or its equivalent. Vaccination: Full
vaccination is always required (religious or medical exemptions are
- Full vaccination does not require the boosters Checks: Drug
Screen (Checks for Marijuana) and Background Check. Summary:
- Test Engineer (Electrical) will be responsible for developing
engineering test stand, documenting test system design and
lab/facility interfaces, procedure development, test planning,
commissioning, and conducting development/production testing. Job
- Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document,
analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems,
components, or modifications. Identifies functional problems and
- Assists in the definition of internal quality control standards
and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- May require a bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in
the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
- Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Key
- Design, procure, fabricate, and maintain test stands, test
equipment, and facilities in support of development, demonstration,
certification, and qualification tests of aero hardware.
- Develop data acquisition and control systems for the test
- Develop electrical measurement panels for interfacing the power
analyzers and integrate them with data acquisition systems.
- Manage scope, schedule, and budget for the assigned Test
Program or Work Package, identifying requirements, risks and
- Make changes and upgrades to the Integrated test system to meet
new requirements and document the changes.
- Monitor engineering progress against budget and forecasted
schedule for the assigned test projects
- Create Test Documentation (Test Procedures, Test Instructions,
Instrumentation list, Piping and Instrumentation Diagram, Controls
Architecture) in preparation for Test Solution commissioning and
- Coordinate periodic reviews with management/Chief Engineer on
project status, TRR, CDR, PDR, and significant trends and changes
in approved projects.
- Actively coordinates the design, implementation, commissioning,
and maintenance of complex mechanical and control test facilities
infrastructure required for aircraft components test and
systems/subsystem integration test programs
- Support estimates, Project planning, and reporting for major
test equipment and facility transition programs.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills (plan - execute -
escalate). You Must Have:
- Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident due to ITAR and
Export Control restrictions.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical,
Aerospace Engineering/Mechatronics Engineering)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Mechanical Test
environment We Value:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in developing LabVIEW and PLC-based data acquisition
and control systems.
- Aerospace component and systems test experience desired.
- Ability to develop and update Test system schematics, models,
- Working knowledge of instrumentation selection and measurement
systems accuracy analysis.
- Demonstrated comfort working with complex systems (mechanical,
fluid flow, hydraulics, pneumatics, data, and automation).
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a team while being able
to make decisions, balancing risks and rewards.
- Experience with Air Cooling Machines (ACM), Environmental
Control systems (ECS), the Poly Alpha Olefin (PAO) Pump systems,
and Electro-Mechanical Power Systems (EMPS) is a plus.
- Experience in Project Management or basic training associated
with Project Engineering tasks.
- Basic knowledge of aircraft Bleed Air Systems, Environmental
Control Systems, Auxiliary Power Systems, Power distribution
Systems, or Power Generation Systems.
- Experience in Integration/testing of turbomachinery or
equivalent test systems.PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran
status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or
other legally protected status. Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is
one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31
offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit PDS pays for referrals!
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Torrance , Test Engineer - Aerospace component and systems test, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!