Company: Black Bear Diner
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Diner Server Job Description
- At Black Bear Diners, we have been serving Good Old Fashioned
Family Food since 1995. We are a fun, family-friendly concept known
for our great homemade food, large portions and genuine, friendly
- The overall responsibility for servers is to provide friendly,
prompt, individualized service that creates a dining experience so
positive that all guests will want to return.
Qualities of a Great server:
- Good Sense of Humor
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
Knowledge / Technical Expertise:
- Familiar with and practice all company standards related to
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable
and let them know you're there to personally take care of
- Inform guests of specials and feature items.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant
functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our
- Deliver food and beverages to guests in a timely matter.
- Run food orders from the pick-up window promptly regardless of
which server placed the order.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are
satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and
courteously to any requests. Pre-bus tables frequently.
- Prepare bill and present check to guest at appropriate point in
- Clean and reset tables promptly. Clean chairs, booths, and
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and
efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant
manager or immediate supervisor.
- Possess verbal and language skills to understand and
communicate with guests.
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service
procedures and functions.
- Possess basic math skills, operate a point-of-sale system, and
have the ability to handle money.
- Other Duties as assigned
Appearance / Uniform:
- Complies with all company standards related to appearance and
uniform standards. Examples include hair, jewelry, shoes,
suspenders, nametags, facial hair, etc. as detailed in the company
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and
holidays in addition to normal business.
Postural & Physical Demand Requirements:
- Frequent reaching above waist, chest and shoulder level as well
as and reaching below waist level.
- Frequent to continuous need for manual dexterity of both hands
(pushing, pulling, handling, gripping, fine finger controls,
- Continuous standing on hard surfaces for many tasks.
- Frequent hip flexion while walking for all tasks.
- Frequent exposure to cold/ below freezing and high heat
temperatures (walk-in refrigerator, freezers, and ovens)
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, as
well as supplies weighing up to 10 pounds frequently, 50 lbs.
- Bending, squatting, stooping for cleaning activities throughout
- Climbing on step stools for cleaning projects as needed.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job,
nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and
abilities required to do the job.
Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be
subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
Keywords: Black Bear Diner, Torrance , Server, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!