Global Vice President, Human Resources
Posted on: July 30, 2022
This position has Global responsibility for all human resources
function within the business unit. This person will also serve on
the Howmet HR Leadership Team with the CHRO and the BU Leadership
Team with the BU President. This person will be responsible for
driving partnerships across HFS (Howmet Fastening Systems) sites
and functional areas to deliver value added initiatives to support
the business goals. The incumbent serves as a consultant to the
leadership team and the HR team to lead talent management,
succession planning, learning & development, change management,
workforce planning, engagement initiatives. Critical will be
managing Human Resource related issues and providing support to
business leaders, plant and human resource managers and to serve as
a change manager. Ensuring legal compliance in all global locations
is essential so implementing correct policies and processes is an
- Work with HFS HR Lead Team and Business Leaders to develop and
execute strategic initiatives that add value to the organization,
ensuring robust alignment with business priorities and corporate
- Oversee HR processes, ensuring delivery of information before
- Create the vision and ownership of the HFS three to five year
strategic HR plan and strategic initiatives.
Oversee and ensure key performance indicators are reviewed,
communicated and achieved by the global HR team.
- Lead talent management, succession planning, learning &
development, change management, workforce planning, engagement
initiatives and identify and address competency, knowledge and
- Develop and execute, in partnership with locations and
functions, robust action plans to improve the employee experience
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and
practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and
- Manage Compensation policies and practices for the business
unit both nationally and globally as necessary.
Establish credibility throughout the organization with management
and the employees in order to be an effective
coach and problem solver of people issues.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Oversee
effective, thorough and objective investigations. Partner with
legal as needed/required.
- Guide BU and locations on how to develop and grow Howmet's
government relationships with a goal of influencing decisions made
may affect our business objectives. Work with Government Affairs to
remain knowledgeable about issues and communicate issues to the
- Guide and support plant locations to develop and align
community strategy with key business priorities to drive
Howmet brand and employee engagement.
- Oversee and guide the human resources organization, ensuring
strong competencies in leadership and organization
development, compensation strategy and administration, HR systems
and talent management.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills are required - able to challenge
current practices, sell a vision, empower people, overcome
obstacles and solve conflicts.
- Ability to think through complex development projects and
identify gaps in plans as well as risks and opportunities.
- Must be self-driven with an acute sense of urgency.
- Outstanding organizational skills and discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a matrix
organizational structure to leverage shared resources and complete
programs on time.
- Innovative thinker that challenges the historic approach and
works collectively with others to establish a future
- Effective level of business literacy about the business
financial and non financial metrics and indicators.
- Excellent consulting, coaching and change management
- In-depth knowledge of legal requirements to guide leadership,
providing HR policy guidance and interpretation to minimize legal
risk and ensure regulatory compliance. Working knowledge of state
and federal wage and hour laws.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Strong conflict
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are
- Experience developing and tracking HR Initiatives, leading
workforce planning and talent management processes, and driving
- Proven interpersonal and leadership abilities to proactively
lead a team of HR talent and to interact effectively with
individuals and groups both internal and external to the company
and at all organizational levels.
- Requires excellent oral, interpersonal and written
communication skills, familiarity with human resources information
systems and applications, and demonstrated proficiency in computer
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources,
determine issues and objectives, and develop strategies to address
- Working knowledge of all human resource functional areas
including legal, employee relations, recruiting, EEO/AA,
compensation and benefit administration, learning and
Relationship to others:
This position reports to the EVP & Chief HR Officer of the company
and dotted line to the HFS Business Unit President. The position
will closely interface with all functional areas of the
organization including Operations, EHS, Finance, Procurement, IT,
Human Resources etc. globally.
Given the values and approach at Howmet Aerospace described above,
the company is looking for the right person who will flourish
within this culture, and who will foster an environment of
motivation, empowerment, and employee engagement.
- A strong leader of people with the orientation and ability to
attract, develop, and retain a strong team of
- Has the ability to engage, motivate and build effective teams
through dynamic people and leadership skills.
- A team player with a strong emotional intelligence; appreciates
that results come from a strong cross-functional effort.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills, with the ability to communicate and manage well at all
levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations
- An inclusive, collaborative, and supportive team-oriented
leader. Charts the course with colleagues, but also lets others
speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- A professional with strong executive presence and the ability
to interaction with key constituents.
- A transparent and effective communicator. Ability to share
information plainly and truthfully.
- Not afraid to get his or her hands dirty and do "real work" as
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get
the job done.
- Accountable and reliable; follows through on commitments. A
proven leader who can get results in a positive work environment
but, also knows how to be tough and demanding when expectations are
not being met.
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust
and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not what is
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
There may be periodic travel both locally, within the US and
globally. Weekend travel and work/participation in conference calls
and meetings during late night/early morning hours may be required
Microsoft office, standard office equipment (PC, phone, fax,
Position is based in an office environment but periodic visits to
manufacturing sites is expected.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university is
- Must have at least fifteen years of HR leadership experience,
managing teams at multiple sites and showing career progression
within the function.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in the manufacturing
- Masters degree is a plus.
- Global experience is a plus
- Experience in fasteners or metal component manufacturing
Keywords: Howmet, Torrance , Global Vice President, Human Resources, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!