Decorator (Cake Icer/Decorator)
Company: King's Hawaiian
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Cake Icer/Decorator Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of
our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over
seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future
as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the
communities we serve.By living our values of Dignity, Excellence
and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard, the Cake
Decorator is responsible for decorating event cakes, wedding cakes,
and other products that need design finishing.Are you looking for
part-time job? This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our 'ohana
as a at our Kings Hawaiian Restaurant in Torrance. Job
- Performs finishing work including decorating cakes including
wedding cakes with various art designs using free hand drawing,
image projector, and picture scans.
- Completes orders in an efficient manner to meet all
- Maintains inventory for holiday and daily decorations.
- Keeps decorator's area clean and maintained by sweeping floors,
cleaning tools, wiping down equipment, and other sanitation jobs
- Communicates with staff including assisting in other areas as
- Participates in training of new employees or employees who
change job classifications.
- Follows all sanitation guidelines as outlined by the health
- Understands and complies with all general and specific safe job
- Wearing slip resistant shoes, utilizing proper lifting
- Plans and carries out job assignments without creating hazards
to oneself and other employees.
- Reports all unsafe conditions or equipment immediately.
- Train and work in other areas of the bakery as needed and
- Proficient in English with clear verbal and written
- Minimum 1-3 years cake decorating experience in a retail or
- Valid Food Handler Certificate
- Art, design, or craft experience a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to see what is needed to be
done with little direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks with a customer delivery time first
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to arrive to work on-time for all assigned shifts
including mornings, weekends, holidays, and overtime when required.
Must work early morning shift and have Saturday and Sunday
- Able to balance multiple tasks and work well in an environment
with time constraints.
- High attention to detail and order accuracy skills. King's
Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our
Keywords: King's Hawaiian, Torrance , Decorator (Cake Icer/Decorator), Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!