Coordinator, Beach Events
Company: USA Volleyball
Posted on: June 18, 2022
About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most
successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and
exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national
governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach
volleyball in the United States with over 400,000 members,
responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball
teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional
associations, youth and junior programs, national championships,
coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the
SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the
diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender
identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our
programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more
about USAV's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, please visit
our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei .
The Coordinator, Beach Events is a regular full-time position
reporting to the Director, Beach & National Team Events &
Sponsorship. This position assists in coordinating all aspects of
event planning, management and customer service of USAV beach
events including: USA Volleyball Beach Tour collegiate beach
competitions, and various other USAV-hosted beach events.
Organizational skills are required to plan, prioritize and organize
diversified workload. This position requires work in an office
environment and at beach event locations working long hours under
the sun and in sandy conditions. This is a physically demanding
job. Besides working in beach conditions, this position also has
shipping, stocking, and receiving duties and assists with court set
up and tear down.
Cross departmental support is a general expectation of all USAV
employees. Additional hours may be required to include nights,
weekends and holidays. The position is located in Torrance,
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not
necessarily limited to:
- Provide support to Director, Beach & National Team Events &
Sponsorship in administration, event management, communications,
value-in-kind ordering (VIK), budgeting and customer service.
- Provide customer service to USA Volleyball members, Regional
Volleyball Associations, event promoters/hosts, participants, and
prospective members/participants in relation to USAV Beach Tour and
other USAV-managed beach events.
- Assist with planning and coordinating schedules and activities
for USAV Beach Tour events.
- Work with USAV Beach Tour National Qualifier Hosts to confirm
schedules, logistics and publicize events.
- Maintain online registration system for all USAV Beach Tour
National Qualifier events
- Coordinate tournament logistics, team seeding and provide
on-site support at select USAV Beach events.
- Verify athlete and coach participation eligibility prior to
each USAV Beach event
- Collect and post results from USAV Beach Tour National
Qualifiers to the USAV beach rankings system. Send out post-event
surveys to collect participant feedback on USAV Beach events
- Properly pack, organize, ship and track shipments to event
hosts, USAV events and regions.
- Draft and submit reimbursement invoices. Coordinate with
Marketing and Communications department to produce and provide
content for marketing and promoting events including but not
limited to website updates, social media, online resources,
brochures, fliers, etc.
- Work with the Director, Beach National Teams on VIK apparel
(i.e. silk-screening, embroidering, managing inventory, etc.)
- Prepare VIK forecasts, orders, and maintain accurate inventory
of VIK and equipment for the Beach Events and Beach National Team
- Create content for instructional materials, website content,
registration, events and distribution of information.
- Produce correspondence, proposals, reports, recommendations,
and any projects as requested.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and organized files.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Administration, related degree or
equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience coordinating sport events or
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include
Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Be able to safely and comfortably lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening
(prior to hire date).
- Must successfully complete SafeSport Certification within two
weeks of hire date and remain current.
- Experience with budgeting is a plus.
- Working knowledge of beach volleyball events.
- Ability to understand, speak, and write in Spanish is a
Salary : $20/hr.
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time
employees to include:
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Time
- Up to 14.5 paid holidays per year
- 403B retirement plan
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Parental leave
- Robust EAP and wellness program
- Employer paid life insurance
- Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at
the company's discretion as permitted by law
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted.
Applications must be received by no later than June 6, 2022. Please
ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the
Keywords: USA Volleyball, Torrance , Coordinator, Beach Events, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!