Remote Patient Support Center Representative - Part Time
Posted on: May 6, 2022
OVERVIEW OF POSITION: Responsible for acting as a patient
advocate to help resolve patient issues pertaining to claims,
benefits referrals, physicians and access. Assists with patient
education and ensures that required services are delivered to
patients. Serves as a liaison between the patient and other
department sites. Assists other Patient Support Center
Representatives and Supervisors with daily paperwork load as needed
to resolve and/or document patient issues. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate a commitment to superior customer service, including
quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external
- Provides services to internal and external customers involving
the exchange of complex and sensitive information while acting as
- Assists other Patient Support Center Representatives and
Supervisors with daily paperwork load as needed to resolve and/or
document patient issues.
- Exchanges complex and sensitive information with internal and
external customers while acting as a patient advocate.
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data
collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate
- Answers customer calls to address inquiries and concerns within
set productivity guidelines. Accesses Language Line for non-English
patients as needed.
- Resolves a wide variety of customer service issues.
- Utilizes internal systems to resolve customer needs such as
appointments, authorizations, claims, invoices, eligibility,
benefits, appeals, TARs.
- Utilizes resource center and relevant websites.
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written
documentation per guidelines.
- Assists new or potential members in the choice of PCP and
supplies general information about medical group.
- Pages clinicians and assists Telehealth Nurses as necessary
(e.g., arranging DME, transportation and HH).
- Data enters PCP changes into the system and processes paperwork
- Completes end-of-shift report and communicates information to
the next shift operations.
- Accesses language line for non-English patients as needed.
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of multiple internal
- Manages own work queues within set productivity guidelines.
- Demonstrates customer service-oriented behavior at all times.
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned. EDUCATION: - 1 or 2
years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year
college. EXPERIENCE: Minimum: - Over 1 year and up to and including
3 years of experience. - Over 2 years of customer service
experience. - Multi-line telephone experience. Preferred: - 1 or
more years of experience in a healthcare setting. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, ABILITIES: - Computer literate. - Proficient in Microsoft
applications (Word, Excel). - Strong data entry skills. - Ability
to type 30 wpm . - Customer service-oriented. - Excellent verbal
and written English communication skills. - Ability to demonstrate
active listening skills. - Excellent telephone skills and telephone
etiquette. - Ability to handle difficult customer situations in a
positive manner. - Ability to maintain composure in a challenging
situation. - Excellent problem-solving skills. - Organized,
detail-oriented and task-oriented. - Ability to multi-task and be
flexible. - Self-motivated and team player. - Knowledge of medical
terminology preferred. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish) Job
Types: Full-time, Contract Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour Hours:
Part-time : Flexible on shift times COVID-19 considerations: This
role is 100% Remote in Pacific Time Zone
Keywords: Tential, Torrance , Remote Patient Support Center Representative - Part Time, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!