Company: King's Hawaiian
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family).
We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting
our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow
and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana
members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely
collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore
innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also
passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of
our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with
our team, come and join our `ohana!
Removes all finished bakery products off the packaging conveyors
and packs them into plastic baskets or corrugated master cases.
* Picks up bakery products and places them in cases or trays.
* Observes conveyors and packaging machine operation to prevent
jams, dislodges jams while following all safety procedures.
* Removes filled cases from discharge end of tape machine, placing
them on pallets and conveyors.
* Inspects products for damage or for conformity to specifications
prior to pack into master case. Transports completed pallets into
the storage area.
* Breaks up and stages case dividers. Supplies empty cases to other
* Keeps work area clean and orderly be sweeping floors, wiping down
equipment and other sanitation jobs assigned.
* Sets tape machine to the product and case specifications, passes
the cases through the machine and printing system through
* Monitors tape on case enduring all flaps have been sealed
accurately with tape in the middle.
* Monitors case to ensure the bar code and lot number are print
accurately by the printing system.
* Repacks damage cases on the line.
* Monitors the tape level on the top and bottom of the machine.
Changes the rolls of tape when finished.
* Clears any jammed on the conveyor.
* Reports case counts on count sheets for each product that passes
though the tape machine.
* Operates material handling equipment to convey and store
materials and finished goods.
* Reports all equipment problems to the foreman and/or supervisor
* Helps in training of new employees or employees who change job
* Participates on all matters relating to safety and health in the
work area and positively promote safety in our operations.
* Plans and carries out job assignments without hazards to yourself
and other employees.
* Reports all unsafe acts and/or conditions or equipment
* Promotes safety by understanding and following safety procedures
and reporting all incidents in a timely manner.
To perform this job efficiently, one must be able to perform each
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This individual must be Safety conscious. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* One year of general warehouse/production work experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
written in English. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands
to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close, distance,
color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
adjust focus. May require use of equipment in machine shop, small
portable equipment and manual tools. May require occasional
operation of a motor vehicle or travel to another state on behalf
of the company.
This position is on a shift basis. May also be scheduled to work
all shifts. While performing the duties of this job, there will be
exposure to moving mechanical parts. Occasional exposure to wet
and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne
particles, and extreme cold. The noise level is usually high.
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features of
the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to
change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for our 'ohana.
Keywords: King's Hawaiian, Torrance , Packaging Helper, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!