Posted on: January 12, 2022
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:Responsible for performing moderately
complex collection and clerical functions by interfacing with
various departments, insurance carriers, patients and providers
while ensuring good patient and provider relations. Monitors and
collects outstanding balances on fee-for-service accounts.ESSENTIAL
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Maintains proper aging of accounts receivable.
- Performs precise audits of patient accounts to ensure accuracy
of charges, payments and adjustments.
- Monitors payments to ensure payers conform to agreed fee
- Contacts patients and insurance carriers regarding delinquent
- Demonstrates special ability in dealing with patients regarding
sensitive financial matters and recapturing unpaid balances.
- Negotiates payment plans.
- Identifies delinquent accounts for assignment to outside
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.-- Includes special
certification required for specific jobs.
- Some college preferred.EXPERIENCE:Minimum:
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Experience with CPT/ICD-9 coding.Preferred:
- 2 to 3 years experience in a medical business office.KNOWLEDGE,
- Computer literate.
- Working knowledge of 10-key calculator.
- Working knowledge of general office duties.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
- Working knowledge of contracted insurance plans.
- Knowledge of HCFA requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of California industrial fee schedule billing
- Working knowledge of current state and federal laws governing
- Good verbal and written communication skills.-- Ability to use
correct English grammar and spelling.
- Good telephone skills.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Ability to maintain courteous and friendly demeanor when
dealing with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented
- Bilingual preferred.
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or
other company location, however, may be required to work from home
temporarily due to space limitations.UnitedHealth Group requires
all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination
status.Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family
of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most
advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its
fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance
teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll
find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)Diversity creates a
healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices
are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its
affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates
are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Torrance , Collector 2, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!