Machining Tech III - Grind
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Machining Tech III - Grind - (22000039)DescriptionHowmet
Fastening Systems is seeking a Machining Tech III - Grind. This is
an opportunity to grow your career at a large, international
aerospace company. The position includes competitive wages and a
comprehensice benefits package, including (medical, dental,
vision), a 401k matching program, and paid holidays and vacation.
This position is located at our plant in Torrance, CA.Primary
Purpose:Set up and operates all types of centerless grinders,
abrasive cut-off machines, double disc grinders and any other type
of grinder for production and experimental work orders. Operator
will be held to established production and quality standards.
Incumbent will have control to make minor adjustments to the
process or machine after tasks are assigned. This position may
handle confidential information.Major Activities:
- Set up all machines, following set up procedures, including
through-feed and in-feed grinding machines; using proper blades,
profile templates and appropriate die mounds for jobs. Operations
are completed to a level to satisfy standards/quotas as listed on
- Checks dimensions and finish to close tolerances. Changes
wheels, and dresses wheels to prescribed forms; straight grinding
or profiled grinding.
- Positions, aligns, and secures parts, using any type of holding
fixture that may be required.
- Sets up cut-off machines using proper tooling and may set up
machines for operation by others.
- Perform S.P.C. on all orders. Required to perform daily TPM (as
- Keeps work area clean, safe in an orderly fashion on a daily
- Performs other tasks of equal or lesser skill as required.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Must have demonstrated skills in communications, dependability
- Must be able to read various precision measuring
- Must be able to read blueprints, work orders and be able to
understand basic concepts of S.P.C. and set-up/maintain an S.P.C.
- Employee owned tools are necessary for this position (see
System Operator Procedures as to type).QualificationsBasic
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of machining experience
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of grinding experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- To ensure the health and safety of our employees, Howmet
requires newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
to the extent permitted under federal, state, and local law.
Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of a
disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious beliefs
or legally recognized exemptions will be considered.Primary
Location: United States-CA-TorranceRemote Work Schedule
Availability: NoneEOE, including Disability/Vets
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Torrance , Machining Tech III - Grind, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!