Credit Union Call Center Supervisor
Company: Farmers Insurance Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We are Farmers!Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers
to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to
future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive
training opportunities through the award winning University of
Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate
training units in the world.Job SummaryThis position is responsible
for producing high Member satisfaction scores and service levels by
successfully leading and coaching staff while managing and
improving department processes effectively and efficiently. The
following is to be reported to upper management: analysis and
measurements of department and agent performance, staff development
progress and proposed strategic improvements.Essential Job
- Member Satisfaction and Service Formulate department
operational strategies to positively impact all measurement
criteria and the organizational strategic plans.
- Oversee staff, department efficiency and ensure
- Manage resources effectively by analyzing records of incoming
calls and plan accordingly.
- Ensure sufficient coverage and strategic allocation of
resources during peak call periods.
- Coach and coordinate with team leads in the successful
execution of action plans for peak times and quiet times as well as
support of staff by managing scheduling, phone availability, and
productivity while maintaining availability for escalated
- Monitor department activity including call volume, service
levels, speed of answer, cross sales, and volume of Member
correspondence through multiple channels.
- Monitor call queue and keep agents aware of calls waiting,
abandonment rate and service level.
- Answer inbound calls as needed during periods of high call
volume or excessive hold time(s).
- Foster constant communication of latest product and service
updates and ensure that agents have the knowledge and skills to
utilize all available resources in order to answer Member inquiries
quickly and efficiently.
- Agent Performance Develop staff by recruiting, training,
assigning, coaching, counseling, and correcting employees.
- Work with leads to ensure consistency in staff adherence to
daily break/lunch schedules.
- Communicate minimum performance expectations, plan, and
monitor, appraise and review agent contributions.
- Perform call monitoring evaluations and use various metrics to
assess agents' performance.
- Guide and/or coach team leads and staff toward meeting their
objectives based on their current skill set and needs
- Develop systems which promote individual accountability in the
handling of assigned tasks.
- Ensure a consistent, professional approach to the department
operations and internal service. Implement and monitor policies and
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with established
company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting Review organizational and department goals with
- Provide updates and solicit suggestions.
- Prepare call center performance reports by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for upper
- Provide insights and identify areas of improvement along with
suggestions for implementation.
- Perform administrative duties, yearly reviews and evaluations
of leads and agents and report to management.
- Report any attendance and performance challenges to upper
- Keep management informed of department activities, progress
toward established objectives and of any significant problems.
- Request a ssistance and/or support when necessary.Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or two-years of college preferably
in a business related field.Experience Requirements
- With 2 year college degree, three years' work experience in a
financial institution or credit union or five years' work
experience in a financial institution or credit union and one year
in a Call Center with high phone volume and one year of supervisory
experience.Special Skill Requirement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective telephone, communication and analytical
- Employees may experience the following physical demands for
extended periods of time: View computer screen, up to 90% of the
time Sit for long periods, up to 90% of the time Telephone
communication, up to 90% of the time Bending/stooping to lift up to
30 pounds occasionally, up to 5% of time.Physical Environment
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-
controlled office environment.Job Location(s): US - CA - Torrance,
US - CA - BurbankWant to learn more about our culture &
opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow
us on Instagram and LinkedIn!Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Call center management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Financial services: 2 years (Preferred)Work Location:
- Multiple locationsWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: Multiple Locations
Keywords: Farmers Insurance Group, Torrance , Credit Union Call Center Supervisor, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!