Air Logistics Operational Care Specialist - Import
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Our branch is Torrance, CA is in search for an experience
freight forwarding professional to join the Airfreight Operational
The Operational Care Specialist is responsible for managing the
coordination of customer shipments by securing buy rates (when
required) as well as capacity with qualified carriers/partners.
Specifically, the Operational Care Specialist will be part of a
team (Operational Care Centers) responsible for coordinating
transport activities by: executing the necessary bookings with our
partners, executing the requisite data entry associated with
transport document generation, generating the required
documentation, and liaising with our customer care specialists to
ensure specific requirements are met (Transit Times, Carrier
selection, etc) All of these activities are to be performed in
compliance with rules and regulations governing air transport and
associated national protocols and executed via KN operational
• Coordinate and align customer deliverables with
customer care teams, partners and suppliers to manage the
transportation of customer's cargo.
• Manage operational tasks through Business
Process Automation tools (BPA) and all related features.
• To immediately report problems, operational
disputes or discrepancies to supervisors, managers, divisional
managers or branch managers.
• To monitor operational performance of carriers
and other vendors and escalate / create awareness if performance
and commitments are not being delivered.
• To initiate and resolve any rate or performance
Your Skills and Experiences
- In depth knowledge of import procedures
- Ability to be profit conscious
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and
- Ability to work independently as well as part
of a team
- Ability to establish priorities and accomplish
multiple tasks, must be organized
- Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate
and have the ability to efficiently solve problems
- Strong PC skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving
- Work effectively via phone, fax, e-mail. Good
planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Torrance , Air Logistics Operational Care Specialist - Import, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!