Customs Brokerage Entry Writer
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Our branch in Los Angeles (Torrance, CA) is in search for an
experienced freight forwarding professional with customs experience
to join their entry writer team.
This position will communicate with customers, freight forwarders,
and other departments to obtain necessary information to coordinate
ISF and Customs Clearance and deliver shipments. The responsibility
includes all aspects of handling a file from starting the shipment
to completing all agreed services. A great deal involves managing
communication with all parties involved and keeping the customer
• Preparation of customs entries and forwarding
freight to designated locations. This may involve interface with
international and domestic carriers, overseas offices, and
• Prepare Customs entries and follow-up with the
clearance process on all entries.
• Communicate and offer solutions to
documentation discrepancies to client and manager.
• Verify and Coordinate freight delivery to
• Resolve finance and accounting reconciliation
exchange issues, including providing backup for old bills.
• Administrative responsibilities include
preparation of report and analysis using various software packages
• Document review and assessment of accuracy,
verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to
ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are
• Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy
issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate
effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and
• Establish and maintain client
• Update notes and milestones in system for each
• Take ownership of all other task as assigned by
• Position may require a weekend schedule on a
department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday
schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of
• Understand the southern border Customs
Clearance process for trucks.
• This job description is intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by persons
assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for
Your Skills and Experiences
• At least two years of customer service, general
office, or data entry experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Accurate and rapid data entry
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Proven organizational skills
• At least one year of Customs Brokerage or
• Ability to multi-task.
• Team oriented player
• The ability to project a professional image to
the customer and to represent the company in a positive manner.
• Ability to research compliance matters and
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Torrance , Customs Brokerage Entry Writer, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!