Sr. Calibration Technician (Electrical)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sr. Calibration Technician (Electrical)
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional
and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and
drive innovation. Our Metrology Technicians Resolves group and
customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the
department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions
to eliminate them. Proficient at understanding and writing reports
and work instructions and assists customers to define technical
requirements to meet their objective. Perform complex maintenance
and repair work on equipment to include the following
responsibilities / duties.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and
fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
Metrology Technician is responsible for the calibration and
certifying of electronic and/or physical/dimensional measuring and
test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining
traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
- Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
- Installs new equipment; performs modifications on equipment to
make it compatible with existing equipment or to enhance its
- Provides advanced technical and electronic equipment repair
work to the customer.
- Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine
tools. Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test
- Provides guidance regarding equipment operation to customers
and equipment operators.
- Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the
overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and
initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them.
- Proficient at understanding and writing reports and work
instructions and assists customers to define technical requirements
to meet their objective.
- Performs work safely, incompliant to HS&E requirements, and
takes actions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according
to instructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed
- Inspects defective electronic equipment to determine
malfunction; reads and interprets schematic diagrams, logic charts,
drawings and sketches and manufacturers manuals; uses computer
diagnostics to isolate area of malfunction; interfaces digital
equipment with the computer and programs equipment and diagnostics
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level
- Performs routine operational tests to assure the modification
produces desired outputs; evaluates environments in which equipment
is to be installed and how electronic equipment will be
- Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures, and ensures
documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Makes reports on electronic or instrumentation system
conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares
and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal
and department regulations and directives.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or
equipment appropriate to meet special needs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and
experience will prevail.
- Typically requires an Undergraduate degree or applicable
technical training and certifications and 7 year of directly
related experience. Equivalent experience will be considered in
lieu of degree.
- May lead and direct the work of others in the absence of the
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client
- Military PMEL/TMDE/Metrology training preferred.
- Troubleshooting and Calibration of equipment
- Experience with Fluke Met/Team, Fluke Met/Track, and Fluke
Met/Cal software a plus.
- Environmental chamber maintenance and repair a plus.
- Preferred demonstrated experience in general purpose
electronics, physical and dimensional equipment to include torque,
mass, and length.
- Experience with high vacuum SRG, spinning rotor gauge a
- Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to
ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001,
Z-540.1, AS9100, ISO17025, and NIST traceable certificates of
- Experience with automated testing of IM&TE
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status,
genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: KBR, Torrance , Sr. Calibration Technician (Electrical), Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!