Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse (Full-Time/Day
Shift) to Providence Medical Institute in Torrance, CA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with
some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse who will be part of
the team concept for the delivery of care in the ambulatory clinic
setting with emphasis on disease prevention and health maintenance.
This individual works closely with the clinical staff, front desk
personnel and other related areas. Provide direct, professional
nursing care to patients who present urgent, emergency or potential
health problems utilizing basic nursing principles and following
organizational policies and procedures. Serve as a role model and
acts as a resource for Medical Assistants.
In this position you will:
- Act as a resource to the patient care delivery staff.
- Demonstrate competency with all position related software
- Actively participate in continuing education and meetings.
- Demonstrate the Providence Core Values including
patient-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion;
teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement.
- Promote the mission of Providence externally in a positive way.
Function as an ambassador for Providence when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional relationships
with all patients, staff, and providers.
- Consistent use of AIDET system for excellent service.
- Deliver upon the service expectations of both our patients and
caregivers by listening to their needs; engaging in positive
interactions; and following through on promises made in a
thoughtful, efficient, timely and courteous manner so that their
total outcome is better than expected.
- Respect the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions
and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor
and/or clinic manager.
- Basic patient care skills -- vitals, history taking, EKG,
catheterization, Accu check, sterile technique procedure set-ups,
assists in minor procedures, pulse oximetry, phlebotomy, lab draws,
autoclaving, controlled substance count, etc.
- Protime testing and procedure set-ups.
- Arrhythmia monitor hook-up.
- Administer oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, topical, or
intra-dermal medications after the mediation has been properly
verified for the Rights of Medication Administration.
- Administer routine immunizations, therapeutic injections and
skin tests. Documents appropriately.
- Perform blood pressure checks. Informs provider of unusual
- Assist with emergencies as needed.
- Establish IV lines and monitors IV therapy as appropriate to
LVN scope of practice.
- Provide accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of
all nursing procedures in the electronic medical record.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of nursing procedures.
- Demonstrate effective nursing judgment.
- Communicate clinically significant information to the
physician, including but not limited to, abnormal test results,
patient concerns and changes in the patient's condition.
- Perform call backs of test results as directed by the Provider
and within LVN scope of practice.
- Take patient phone calls and asks clinically appropriate
questions. Communicate this information to the physician and
follows up according to physician direction.
- Report promptly any suspected or potential violations to laws,
regulations, procedures, policies and practices, and cooperates in
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio
hazardous infectious waste.
- Perform daily and weekly environmental cleaning and equipment
quality control and maintenance.
- Order and maintain current inventories of medication and
- Check for outdated medication on a monthly basis.
- Comply with all applicable infection control and safety
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary, for the successful
completion of job duties, asking appropriate questions when in
- Demonstrate knowledge of all applicable compliance and legal
requirements of the job based on the scope of practice of the
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional
manner in the community.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited LVN school of nursing.
- Current CA State LVN license.
- IV Certification required for all PMF Urgent Cares and
preferred for all other sites.
- Current BLS-HCP-Basic Life Support -for Healthcare Providers -
American Heart Association (AHA)
- 2 years Current nursing experience.
- Requires ability to establish priorities, organize, plan and
coordinate work activities.
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and
- Ability to exercise good judgment independently.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction adjusting
to changes in workload.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks under
- Ability to build trust and accountability with each team member
regardless of their area of expertise. Flexibility, confidence,
initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining
high quality standards.
- Ability to self-manage, set priorities and operate with minimal
- Ability to carry out defined procedures and duties under
- Ability to identify and solve problems, makes decisions, and
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with clinic
physician leadership and staff physicians to carry out clinic
mission, goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to educate patients and
- Personal style which emphasizes openness, visibility and
- Excellent listening and follow-through abilities and a
willingness to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to travel between facilities in an efficient
- 1 year Nursing experience in an ambulatory clinic setting, or
minimum 1 year nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records, Windows, and
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further
developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the
largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical
foundation that provides administrative and other support services
to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is
expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing
with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Torrance , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!