Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling an Anesthesia Technician
(Full-Time/Variable Shift) to Providence Little Company of Mary
Hospital in Torrance. CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE system.
We are seeking an Anesthesia Technician who will coordinate and
manage activities related to anesthesia department. Maintains
anesthesia machines and equipment. Sets up operating rooms with
required anesthesia and physiologic monitoring equipment in
preparation for anesthesia in surgical and obstetric suites.
Removes and cleans equipment at end of procedures and restocks
anesthesia supplies for subsequent use.
In this position you will:
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration
- Certification in Anesthesia technology within 12 months of
- Requires current BCLS certification.
- OR experience and knowledge of OR equipment.
- Prior knowledge of anesthesia equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English to
successfully use electronic monitoring equipment.
- Ability to assist in difficult intubations.
- Ability to set up and assist in A-line and Central line
- Requires the ability to perform basic arithmetic computations
(add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Requires the ability to perform all physical requirements
pertaining to delegated tasks.
- Requires ability to accurately and efficiently complete
- Requires ability to organize and prioritize work to complete
assignments in a timely manner.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic medical terminology
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative
(service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and
- Knowledge of aseptic technique.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior work as an anesthesia tech.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a
436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay
communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our
reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and
a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch.
In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical
care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including
Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology,
and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is the
only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by
Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a
recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier
healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson
Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and
operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a
Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in
respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to
the most vulnerable members of our community.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Torrance , Anesthesia Technician, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!