Security Officer - FT Nights
Company: Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direction of the Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Security Shift Supervisor, the Security Officer I, is responsible
for providing a safe and secure environment as possible for quality
patient care by performing patrol, customer service, and emergency
- Answers questions, gives directions, conducts inquiries,
broadcasts and receives radio messages.
- Observes parking activity in the west parking structure, main
parking structure, Sky park/Lot "E" and notifies dispatch of
- Takes accurate field notes and prepares legible and complete
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime and prohibited
activities by patrolling the medical center's campus to detect
- Responds quickly and calmly to emergent and non-emergent
situations involving visitors, patients, volunteers, physicians and
- Treats all persons courteously and addresses individuals by
- Reports all safety and fire hazards found on patrol and
- Provides escort services to patients, visitors, physicians,
staff, and volunteers as necessary.
- Responds to Code Red, Code Gray, Code Pink and Code Orange (if
certified as a Hazmat Responder) unless otherwise directed.
- Performs specialized duties as required, such as patient
- Conducts a complete foot patrol of the interior and exterior
medical center, parking structures/ lots, providing a visible
deterrence to crime and prohibited activities, and to detect
- Controls and monitors traffic in the patient loading and
unloading areas on hospital campus.
- Provides assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities,
including testimony in court and other administrative
- Enforces medical center parking policies and issues parking
citations if necessary.
- Maintains traffic control in the emergency department and
ambulance entrance area to ensure access for emergency service
vehicles and emergency patients.
- Inspects outgoing parcels as necessary to prevent theft of
medical center property.
- Turns in all lost and found items.
- Performs all duties in accordance with-in the "Policy and
Procedures" manual, for the Security Department.
- Completes compliance, regulatory or mandated training that is
deemed by any local, state, and federal ordinance/law or a
department or hospital policy as required. Completes
training/requirements in a maximum of two attempts once instructed
to attend the training.
- Reviews and is responsible for knowing the information held in
the Security Officer Training Manual, TMMCSSD Policy and Procedure
Manual, Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Sources(s), Security Management
Plan, Powers to Arrest, AB 2880 - Skills Training Course for
Security Guards, and AB 508 - Emergency Department Security
- Attends all Medical Center classes such as Code Gray, Workplace
Violence and others as specified to all department employees
- Translates observations and actions into accurate, complete and
legible written reports.
Department Specific Competencies
Number of Years Experience
Type of Experience
High School Diploma/GED or Higher Education and 1 year experience
as a Security Officer or 5 years security guard experience in lieu
of education requirement.
License / Certification Requirements
CA Guard Card or CA Proprietary Security Officer Card
Keywords: Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Torrance , Security Officer - FT Nights, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!