Medical Assistant III
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant III
(Full-Time/Variable shift) to Providence Medical Institute in
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with
some additional questions from our Modern Hire screening and
We are seeking a Medical Assistant III who will work under the
delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed
to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A MA III
is capable of performing all aspects of the MA I and MA II roles.
Additionally, the MA III proactively takes initiative and serves as
an informal leader with additional responsibilities related to
clinic/location. MA III serve as an ambassador, change agent,
quality champion, and mentor/resource to Medical Assistants by
providing support, guidance, and training as needed.
In this position you will:
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Existing caregivers in the MA role as of 7/1/2021, will have 12
months to obtain their California state or National MA
certification as listed above.
- Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited.
- 2 years medical assisting experience in a clinic setting.
- 2 years experience providing a high level of customer service
in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data
- 6 months Working experience in a PSJH clinic within the last 3
- Flexibility is a must; to meet the changing needs of the
patients and the various clinics.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances,
instill trust in others while upholding the values of the
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and
verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with
colleagues, patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrated PC
skills (ex: MS Office and EMR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local
laws relating to role and patient care.
- Serves as a resource & role model for all applicable quality
infection control and safety standards.
- Serves as a resource and reinforces principles and practices
governing MA role and the ability to apply them effectively.
- Performs delegated work independently with minimal
- Must possess advanced knowledge of vaccinations, medications,
their use, to include brand and generic names related to the
- Ability to proactively analyze, problem solve, and prioritize
multiple tasks under pressure for themselves and their team.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with peers, practitioners and other caregivers.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strength and
weaknesses or alternative solutions, draw conclusions and identify
appropriate approaches to problems.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills to support
staff development and training, as well as daily support
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or an
equivalent combination of coursework, experience/training to
qualify to sit for the CA State or National Certification
- Active CA State MA certification or active national
certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
as a Medical Assistant.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician
integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been
Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides
administrative and other support services to affiliated medical
groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow
significantly in the next several years, bringing with it
facilities, staff and physician growth to support that
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Torrance , Medical Assistant III, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!