Company: Applus RTD
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing,
Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive
testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the
aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a
trusted partner who enhances the quality and
safety of our clients assets and infrastructures while safeguarding
their operations. We deliver this through our technical
capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated
team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading
position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams
have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world,
attracting the very best talent in the industry.Together beyond
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran
- The main function of the Inspector 4 is to perform API 510,
570, and 653 inspections and insure any and all items delegated
pursuant to job requirements in accordance with code, jurisdiction
and/or customer defined criteria. The Inspector may also be
responsible for overseeing the quality assurance/quality control on
behalf Applus+ client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if items
under inspection meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code,
standard or document.
- Conduct inspections on equipment at scheduled intervals to
maintain the mechanical integrity of the equipment as qualified and
- Properly interpret regulations, codes, and industry
- Use a computer to compile and submit daily reports and
inspection reports, as well as for billing and other required
- Ensure that work is implemented as required in the project
- Compile and submit completed inspection report in a timely
- Show attention to detail and be capable of recommending and
approving repairs as well as performing visual inspection of
- Identify circumstances that necessitate the use of proper
safety procedures and equipment.
- Communicate and deal with customers and other parties in person
in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the
- Learn and abide by contract policies and procedures.
- Drive a vehicle safely in extremely hazardous conditions.
- Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with
both internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and
procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism,
and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and
- Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and
personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and
Safe Practices per company policy.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and
quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex
design and fabrication plans and specifications.
- Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment
and solutions identification.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and
- Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments.
Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning
chaos into order.
- Knowledge of Industry Codes.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality
standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve
problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems.
Translates problems into practical solutions.
- Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking
appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents
options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes
on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits
honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to
customers and colleagues effectively, through verbal and written
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising
where necessary; promptly share relevant information with
- Maintains a positive can do outlook, rebounds quickly from
frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and
friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks
with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- At least 6 year experience in related field.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- 2 or more Mechanical/Professional certification: API 510, 570,
- Ability tobe certified in accordance with company certification
standards in: Multiple NDT Methods-UT, MT, PT, preferred.
- Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company
vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance
Physical Activities and Requirements
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with
your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of
- The ability to bend stretches, twist, or reach with your body,
arms, and/or legs.
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or
pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g.,
patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical
- The ability to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your
arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to
support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time
without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two
arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or
lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the
whole body is in motion.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go
wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing
there is a problem.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull,
or carry objects.
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a
machine/equipment or a vehicle to exact positions.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so
others will understand.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas
presented in writing.
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the
fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very
- The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot)
to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or
farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding,
ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and
arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the
amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for
- Balancing: Maintaining the body equilibrium to prevent falling
when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or
erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount
and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion
and maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at
the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable
degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for
sustained periods of time
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something
with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to
draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor
is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the
substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working,
primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word; those activities where detailed or important spoken
instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction, and having the ability to
receive detailed information through oral communication, and making
fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of
the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- In compliance with American with Disabilities Act (ADA),
Applus+ will make reasonable accommodations that are appropriate
and consistent within our legal obligations.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both
inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
in temperature extremes and inclement weather. Frequently required
to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to
hazardous materials and working environment.
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is frequently
- Overtime required during the week and weekend with work
- Ability to travel when required, nationally, up to 25% of the
Keywords: Applus RTD, Torrance , API Inspector, Other , torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!