Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Restorative Aide, under the direction of a licensed nurse,
delivers efficient and effective restorative and rehabilitation
nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and
patient/family satisfaction. Restorative Aidewill provide care
within the standards of practice as accorded by Certification, and
will functionto promote the patient's ability tomaintain his/her
maximum physical, mental and emotional potential and prevent
- Administers a variety of treatments independently or as part of
a therapy team.
- Oversees, directs and engagesin restorative programs initiated
for individual patients.
- Converseswith Nursing and Rehabilitation Departments concerning
approaches to individual patient needs.
- Participates in the care planning process.
- Delivers safe restorative care.
- Responsible for aiding the transition of patients from skilled
rehab services torestorative programs.
- Maintains properrestorative nursing documentation records ofall
patients participating in any restorative program.
- UtilizesPoint Click Care (PCC -- ADL POC) according to the
Business Processes, if applicable.
- Trains other direct care staff in restorative techniques and
helps in providing that care.
- Directs and assists other direct care staff with the
application of splints, braces, prosthetic appliances, and
self-help devices to assure proper application and usage.
- Notifies the Nursing and/or Rehab Department of patients who
mightbe experiencing a change in their level of functioning.
- Maintains excellencein using wheelchairs, walkers, canes,
lifts, scales and other equipment used in the restorative programs,
and is able to instruct others on their usage.
- Assists in communicating with patients and their families
concerning the patient's progress.
- Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet precautions as
- Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide
timely effective care consistent with each patient's needs, choices
- Participates in quality improvement activities as need be.
- May be requested to function as a Certified Nurse Assistant
(CNA) if needed.
- Stays and works beyond scheduled shifts as required, to meet
state staffing requirements and/or needs of the patients.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Evolvinc, Torrance , Registered Nurse, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!