Project Team Member
Posted on: January 8, 2021
The Project Team Member's responsibility first and foremost is to
deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity
within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team
Members strive to drive sales through advanced product knowledge,
innovative merchandising, cutting counter accuracy and an
enthusiastic attitude. The Project Team Member assists with special
projects in a store such as a new store opening, store remodel, or
store relocation. The Project Team Member will also embody the
characteristics that tie back to the duties of Brand Ambassador,
Operational Excellence, Business Acumen and Inspirational
This position is a temporary position.
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project
needs and escorts them to the desired product's location
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floorOPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash
register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism
- Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while
maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to
- Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning
and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any
spills/messes with a sense of urgency
- Works on special projects for preparing a new store or
remodeling a current storeBUSINESS ACUMEN
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as
Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other event being held
at the store
- Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, active
selling techniques, suggesting services, and building strong
customer relationships to the JOANN brand
- Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper
policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting
counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory
- Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team
exceeds expectations from Store Management
- Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects
in a friendly and professional manner
- Assists with the training of new Team Members on running the
register, cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97
pounds (under 2# on a constant basis, 10# on a frequent basis,
10#-49# on an occasional basis, and 50#-97# group lifts on an
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- May use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
response).EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: High School or GED equivalent
- Experience Minimum: 0-2 years
- Experience Preferred: 1+ years experience in a customer centric
environmentThis position will be located at:
21800 Hawthorne Blvd Ste 100 Torrance, CA 90503-7004
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary
is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will
employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by
JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the
at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by
both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: JOANN, Torrance , Project Team Member, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!