Supervisor, Patient Relations
Posted on: November 14, 2020
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:Responsible for managing and
coordinating the activities for a team of patient relations
liaisons for the region.-- Mentors and trains, assesses and
coordinates workloads and drives accountability and performance
across the team.-- Tracks and trends data on growth and retention
goals.-- Serves as subject matter expert on patient relations
liaison duties both internally and externally.ESSENTIAL
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Provides leverage to regional leadership by recommending
strategies on growth, retention, provider transitions, professional
development for patient relations liaisons and marketwide
- Partners with director to address trends impacting patient
- Supports regional goals by driving accountability and improving
outcomes related to SEP, age-ins, FFS conversion to managed care
plans and working beneficiaries.
- Develops best practices related to patient experience and
partners with site team to implement processes to maximize patient
- Partners with site leadership to ensure all new and existing
patients are given the necessary resources provided by the
- Creates new relationships and oversees existing relationships
with brokers, agents and community partners to expand base for
- Manages data analytics for membership retention.
- Oversees provider transition action planning and membership
- Coordinates patient retention efforts related to M&A.
- Strategizes with marketing team to plan external marketing
events and represents the organization at those events as
- Partners with marketing, regional leadership and site
management on retention events.
- Oversees in-clinic OEP / SEP / AEP and marketing events.
- Performance manages team members and progress against growth
targets / process metrics in clinics and area of
- Onboards new team members in the region and serves as a
regional representative with marketing team to align on regional
initiatives for growth and retention.
- Manages new patient onboarding programs, gives new patients a
tour of the facility and explains benefits, forms and
- Oversees front office support for training on Medicare Madness,
in-clinic processes for SEP and FFS conversion and site-specific
initiatives that impact front office (i.e. Patient Appreciation
- Participates on organizational and ad hoc committees.
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION:
- 1 to 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a
- Bachelor's degree preferred.EXPERIENCE:Minimum:
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience in a
- Previous managed care and/or ambulatory care experience.
- Previous experience in a quota-driven sales/marketing
- Previous customer service experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Computer literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel).
- Ability to type 25 wpm.
- Maintains current understanding of health plan and regulatory
changes as it affects the insurance needs of patients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (may be required).What's the
first thing that happens when one of the leading independent
medical groups in the country comes together with a global leader
in health care? Opportunity. With--DaVita Medical Group, HealthCare
Partners, The Everett Clinic, Northwest Physicians Network,
MountainView Medical Group and Magan Medical Clinic
joining--OptumCare--and the--UnitedHealth Group--family of
companies, people like you will find increasing levels of
challenge, impact and professional success. We're changing health
care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality
care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That
takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to
contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do
your life's best work.(SM)--Careers with OptumCare. Here's the
idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective;
make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes
to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related
information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage
pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond
the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of
the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some
of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care
has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that
means working on high performance teams against sophisticated
challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one
incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's
best work.(SM)--Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare
and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare and its affiliated
medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required
to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Torrance , Supervisor, Patient Relations, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!