Epidemiologist Defense Threat Reduction Agency
Company: Constant Associates
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Location: Torrance, California, 90503, United StatesPosted:
2020-03-19Position Title: Epidemiologist Defense Threat Reduction
AgencyCompany Name: Constant AssociatesSector: ResearchJob Type:
Full-timeMin Education: Ph.D.
This position provides operational, research and development, and
training support along with subject matter expert advice and
decision support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) at
Ft. Belvoir in Fairfax County, Virginia. We have an immediate
opportunity for an epidemiologist to provide subject matter expert
advice and decision support to DTRA as part of its 24/7/365
Technical Reachback contract. Technical Reachback is an analytical
modeling and decision support cell that provides assistance across
all levels of government. The team is multidisciplinary and is
comprised of subject matter experts in chemical, biological,
radiological, nuclear, and high-yield explosive (CBRNE) analysis
and related topics. We provide extensive epidemiological and public
health support for customers and are active in providing dynamic
population disease modeling for COVID-19, seasonal influenza, and
other domestic/international global health concerns.
CONSTANT is an award-winning and published consulting firm known
for our innovative solutions in emergency management, health
security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism. Based out
of Los Angeles, California, with satellite offices in San Francisco
and Washington D.C., CONSTANT is strategically located, with
influence that spans from West to East. CONSTANT has worked on
readiness endeavors since the inception of our company over 16
years ago. Our staff are backed by the full capacity of our
company, which includes team members who hold certifications in
emergency management, project management, and exercise design;
alongside experience working on a large and diverse portfolio of
readiness efforts with clients like the U.S. Department of Health
and Human Services, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the
U.S. Department of Defense, and dozens of local jurisdictions.
CONSTANT's core service areas include planning, training, exercise,
outreach and staffing. Since the inception of our company our core
values have remained steadfast: provide superior service,
high-quality work, and ultimately support our clients with their
mission to protect and preserve our great Nation. Your
- Providing subject matter expertise to conduct, implement, and
sustain research and development (R&D) and operational support
in epidemiology and/or public health science for Technical
- Providing a support capability for deliberate, crisis, and
immediate planning and operations for the following
groups/agencies: Combatant Commands; Office of the Secretary of
Defense; Joint Staff; Intelligence Community; command elements;
first responders, and federal, state, and local government
- Using applied knowledge to develop, integrate, test, verify,
validate, and apply CBRNE software/scenarios based on results of
experiments and predicted phenomena based on theoretical and
- Working closely with other scientists and engineers to define
modeling objectives, obtain required model inputs and outputs, and
- Presenting modeling results and decision support aid to both
internal and external customers in the form of written reports and
- Reviewing technical work of others. Minimum Qualifications
- Master's degree in epidemiology or related field and at least
1-2 years of scientific experience in epidemiology, public health,
disease modeling, or bio-defense.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) along
with Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Interest in working with a multi-disciplinary team and
contributing to other subject areas.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a
TS/SCI DoD clearance. Desired Qualifications
- Ph.D. in epidemiology or related field.
- Experience in Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
threats (primarily through modeling and simulation and/or test
- Experience with ArcGIS tools.
- Experience with public health threats such as Ebola, pandemic
influenza, emerging infectious agents, and biological warfare
- Experience working with organizations within the Department of
Defense (especially relating to issues concerning WMD) along with
other government agencies such as HHS, CDC, etc.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance. Compensation &
Benefits Competitive salary and benefits based on experience.
Epidemiologist Epidemiologist Defense Epidemiologist Defense
Keywords: Constant Associates, Torrance , Epidemiologist Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Other , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!