Company: Beacon Hill Staffing Group, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Beacon Hill is working with an excellent law firm on an
experienced litigation paralegal opening in their Los Angeles
office (Torrance) to assist attorneys representing leading
automotive manufacturers and distributors in a range of matters
including state and federal proceedings, state motor vehicle
proceedings, and class actions. The ideal candidate will have lead
paralegal experience, including case preparation from beginning to
end, document production best practices, and courtroom experience
at hearings and trials. Direct experience with computing and
calendaring deadlines, a strong familiarity with Relativity, and
the ability to perform federal and state court filings are also
critical for this role. Interested candidates should reply to this
posting with an updated resume, those that are selected for next
steps in our process will be contacted by a
recruiter.Responsibilities:Performing a broad range of substantive
paralegal work, you'll work directly with attorneys and clients on
product liability, warranty, franchise and distribution law
litigation, and other complex business disputes in a variety of
- Participating in strategy meetings and implementing
- Calculating and tracking deadlines and communicating
progress/status/issues to attorneys.
- Preparing deposition and hearing binders.
- Performing state and federal court filings, and filings in
state motor vehicle proceedings.
- Performing online PACER research.
- Familiarity with state and local rules and how to locate and
- Preparing case summaries and timelines.
- Preparing drafts of pleadings, notices, and motions.
- Preparing deposition notices; organizing, maintaining and
preparing deposition materials, exhibits and summaries.
- Tracking and managing discovery, including document productions
- Preparing for trial and preparing and tracking exhibits,
setting up a war room, assembling witness binders, and coordinating
with witnesses and vendors.
- Familiarity with the appellate process and the assembly of an
- Handling routine calls and correspondence to courts, outside
attorneys, clients, vendors, and other third parties.
- Overseeing the work of other staff members on the team.Beacon
Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength
diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities
and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.Company
Profile:Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in
search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver
coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a
commitment to project completion and success and a passion for
innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.Our niche brands
offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth
companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career
specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office
locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be
added to address ever changing constituent needs.Learn more about
Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill
Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill
Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by
visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.We look forward to working with
you.Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
Keywords: Beacon Hill Staffing Group, LLC, Torrance , Litigation Paralegal, Legal , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!