Posted on: January 12, 2022
AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance
brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of
hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP
Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas
of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control,
financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth
and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st
century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a
rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future
The ERISA Attorney is responsible for preparing, reviewing, and
approving all summary plan descriptions and written plan documents
for self-insured health and welfare plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Act as a detailed subject matter expert related to all types of
health and welfare employee benefit plans.
- Prepare, review and revise plan documents and summary plan
descriptions for self-funded plans.
- Subject matter expertise in ERISA, COBRA, Section 125 and other
- Research and respond to client inquiries regarding
administration of employee benefit plans.
- Assist with the review of communication materials to ensure
accuracy and consistency with plan documents, contracts and
- Handle responsibilities in conjunction with Keenan account
management teams; may work directly with clients, insurers,
vendors, administrators and outside legal consultants.
- Performs other duties as requested.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed California attorney.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in employee
benefits-related positions, preferably with a consulting/brokerage
firm, law firm, and/or mid-size to large employer.
- Detailed knowledge of ERISA and federal and state laws relating
to health and welfare plans is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desire and ability to grow expertise in the position over the
SOFTWARE:Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and
Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when
Keywords: Assuredpartners, Torrance , ERISA Attorney, Legal , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!