Chief Technology Officer
Company: MANSON WESTERN LLC
Posted on: May 7, 2022
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for working
with the executive team of WPS to drive and implement
executive-level technology decisions on behalf of the company,
including managing a technology budget and making investments to
align the company with its vision for its technological needs.
This role requires a strategic thinker, an effective communicator,
and an expert in technological development. You will work directly
under the CEO and act as both a technology and business expert,
making decisions that will impact on the company's current and
- Develop technical aspects of the company's strategy to ensure
alignment with its business goals
- Lead the technology function for the organization and
collaboratively develop/design the team structure.
- Communicate the company's technology strategy flexibly to and
from the executive group, and to and from the engineering group.
Serve as the hub of this vital communications path, so that the
business leaders understand what the developers are working on, and
the developers understand the requirements of the business.
- Research, collate and articulate the business requirements from
the market, customers, suppliers, partners, and staff successfully
related to internal application development.
- Ensure technological resources meet the company's short and
long-term needs and achieve goals on time.
- Create timelines for the development and deployment of all
- Maintain a consumer-focused outlook and aid in delivering IT
projects to the market.
- Manage technology budgets and time frames.
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments and implement
new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards,
and that the technology infrastructure is in full compliance with
all data privacy and security standards.
- Source and manage software development suppliers working within
the Scrum framework to maximize the velocity and quality of
- Work directly with the Product department to implement a
product release cadence that delivers predictable value to the
business while optimizing the productivity of the software
- Use stakeholders' feedback to inform necessary improvements and
adjustments to technology
- Motivate, recruit, lead and develop a team of diverse
individuals with various experience levels and skillsets.
Position Requirements (Skills, Knowledge, Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or
- Experience leading an organization into digital delivery of a
- Eight years working in a technological role, five years of
strategic managerial expertise.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated successful
history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate efficiently and work as a team
to achieve company initiatives
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future
- Communication - The ability to convey information in a
professional, precise, and easy-to-understand manner for various
roles and levels of technical understanding. This is to be done
through verbal and written communication methods.
- Decision Making - The ability to make quick and informed
decisions based on gathering information, examining your
possibilities, comparing them, and choosing a course of action.
Understands and contributes to organizations' short- and long-term
business strategies. The ability to adapt traditional methods,
concepts, models, designs, technologies, or systems to new
applications; or the ability to devise innovative approaches to
make improvements or solve problems. The ability to identify and
evaluate resources and plan for their utilization throughout the
execution of comprehensive, long-range plans.
- Emotional Intelligence - The ability to maintain a rational and
objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional
situations; a measure of self-composure in a difficult situation
and the ability to act objectively, rather than impulsively or
- Leadership- The most essential part of a leader's Job is to
understand & convey goals, coach/mentor, and motivate employees.
The ability to organize and motivate people to get things
accomplished in such a way that everyone feels a sense of order and
- Problem/Situation Analysis- the ability to identify the
elements of a problem situation and to understand which components
are critical; the ability to identify critical activities in a
process. To be able to break the process down into its component
- Relating to Others- the ability to coordinate personal insights
and knowledge of others into effective actions; the ability to make
use of accurate interpersonal skills in interacting with others.
The ability to persuade others, to present one's viewpoint in such
a way that it is accepted by others. The ability to understand the
needs, interests, strengths, and weaknesses of others. And to
utilize this information for contributing to the growth and
development of others.
- Results Orientation - the ability to identify actions necessary
to achieve task completion and to obtain results; the ability to
meet schedules, deadlines, quotas, and performance goals.
- Teamwork- Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a
common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments
toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common
people to attain uncommon results
- Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn- Interest in seeking
out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feed, back,
demonstrating openness to learning and change
Physical Requirements:(The physical demands described here
represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential
functions of this Job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this Job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- The auditory/hearing abilities required by the Job include the
ability to hear others using a phone or online conferencing
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit for
- This individual must be a responsible person, and regular
attendance is required.
Travel: 0-20% once COVID restrictions are lifted.
WPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.We proudly hire
U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to
apply.Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination ProvisionWPS will consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, WPS is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Keywords: MANSON WESTERN LLC, Torrance , Chief Technology Officer, IT / Software / Systems , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!