Posted on: November 17, 2023
SUMMARYProvides guest satisfaction by preparing and cooking all
meals in a timely manner that meets all Sizzler quality
standards.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wash, cut and/or cook vegetables, fruit, meat, fish, poultry
and/or seafood to prepare for use.
- Measure and mix ingredients according to recipes to prepare
- Prepares plates to be served by placing appropriate menu items
- Uses prep lists to determine production for the day.
- Complete all responsibilities of assigned position in
accordance with company standards.
- Promotes, establishes, and maintains a safe environment for all
guests and Team Members.
- Assists with receiving and storing all orders properly as
- Maintains the organization and cleanliness of the
- You can and will be assigned to other and/ or multiple
departments, besides your primary job code
- From time to time you may be directed to work on special
projects or assist with other work necessary or important to the
operations of the Company.
- Sizzler may alter or change your job duties, reassign, or
transfer job responsibilities or assign you additional job
responsibilities in other positions. CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- "Here to Help Mentality": Will assist different departments and
team mates, other than primary job code, as needed.
- Guest Service: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations;
Responds promptly to guest needs; Responds to requests for service
and assistance; Identify and resolve problems in a timely
- Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
to questions; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning and Organization: Able to prioritize and plan work
activities. Use time efficiently.
- Diversity & Ethics: Promotes a harassment-free environment;
Treats everyone with respect; Works ethically and with integrity;
Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure; Accepts
responsibility for own actions; Complies with Grooming & Appearance
- Quality and Quantity of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; meets
productivity standards and strives to improve productivity;
completes work in a timely manner; monitors own work to ensure
- Safety & Security: Observes safety and security procedures;
reports potentially unsafe conditions; Maintains a safe work
environment; Uses equipment, materials and chemicals properly.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; able
to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistent at work and on time;
ensures work responsibility are covered when absent; attends all
- Dependability: Follows instructions; responds to management
directions; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Food Safety and Sanitation: Will be certified in accordance
with local jurisdiction requirements QUALIFICATIONSEducation and/or
- High School Diploma/GED or 1-3 Months related experience and/or
training or equivalent combinations of education and experience is
- Current California Food Handlers Card.Language / Mathematical
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions and understand
- Able to read recipes.
- Ability to speak and understand English both written and
verbally.Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed written or oral
instructions.PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this
job the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, talk
and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or
crouch. The employee must frequently be able to lift, pull and push
up to 50 pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENWhile performing the duties of this
job the employee is regularly exposed to machinery with moving
mechanical parts, sharp objects and open flames. The employee can
sometimes be exposed to wet, humid, cold or hot conditions. The
noise level is the work environment is usually
Keywords: Sizzler, Torrance , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!