Company: ISS World
Posted on: May 9, 2022
$500 sign on bonus!
ISS offers a competitive compensation package including Benefits,
Paid Time Off, and a starting hourly salary of $17.50
The Cashier is the representative of Guckenheimer. He/she is
responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of
operating cash register and stocking product within the guidelines
established by the client organization as well as the
* Be able to anticipate customer needs, deliver on those needs and
* Identify service deficiencies and communicate effectively to a
manager before becoming long term issues.
* Positive attitude.
* Have passion for customer service.
* Being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling
* Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client
* Ensure full compliance with Allergen Policy.
Key Areas of Collaboration and Influence
* Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with
all customers to help build and speak about the culture of
* Develop and maintain good relations with cooks, servers, porters,
* Greet, smile, make eye contact, and make customer feel
Ideal Candidate Experience
* Minimum 1 year in Retail Cashier or in a similar role experience
in operating cash registers.
* Strong customer services skills.
* Have cafeteria or food operating skills.
* Knowledge of set up or restock beverage and product displays.
* Prior knowledge in basic computer skills.
* Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash register and POS
* Good math skills.
* Strong communication and time management skills.
* Customer satisfaction oriented.
* Prior experience handling cash and credit card transactions.
* To accurately record sales on a cash register and make change for
customers within a 1% margin of error.
* Respond to customer concerns in a professional and urgent manner
per company's policy.
* Follow all safety rules and be actively aware and observant in
prevention of accidents.
* Commitment to the service values and ethics per company's
* To operate Cash Register Accurately.
* To recognize menu items and accurately charge customers for
* To prepare and stock service areas for hot and cold beverages,
such as coffees and teas.
* Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils or equipment.
* Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend and
* Ensure service set up is to clean and in a neat attractive manner
with proper signage for all caf-- stations.
* Maintain inventory of all paper, beverage, condiments and grab &
go items are fully stocked throughout the day.
* Perform side work and end of shift closeout tasks.
* Provide exceptional customers service and maintaining neat
cashier stand appearance.
* Work efficiently on moving the customers through the line quickly
while keeping everything around the caf-- clean by HACCP
* Assist with front of house additional set ups and break down of
* Perform side work including opening and closing shift tasks.
* Must follow other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
* Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
* Employee must be able to work on their feet 8 hours per day
* Employee must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines
during peak periods.
* Ensure and maintain safe working environment for all dining
customers and staff.
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management
company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better
business performance and makes life easier, more productive and
enjoyable - delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS
believes that people make places and places make people. From
strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000
customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and
give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and
places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in
revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Keywords: ISS World, Torrance , Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!