Registered Nurse - OR (Operating Room)
Company: Maxim Healthcare Staffing
Posted on: January 22, 2023
$85 - $90Maxim Healthcare Staffing is seeking an Operating Room
Nurse responsible for scrubbing and/or circulating duties for
operative procedures; department admissions to the operative suite.
He/She is responsible to the Nurse Manager and is directly
supervised by the RN in the operating rooms to which he/she is
- Demonstrates and practices aseptic techniques.
- Adheres to standards and appropriate aseptic techniques,
- preoperative hand scrub
- gowning and gloving
- instrumentation and supply set up
- Sets up room for surgical procedures and identifies
instrumentation and supplies
- Sets up room quickly and correctly, with minimal
- Pulls correct instruments and supplies
- When scrubbed, sets up back table and Mayo stand according to
- Demonstrates ability to concentrate and quickly respond
appropriately to directions given by circulating RN or
- A circulating nurse, assists the scrubbed team with additional
staff, supplies, procedures, and other services.
- Participates in all instrument, sponge counts, and other counts
as designated by the facility's policies and procedures; to
maintain a safe patient care environment.
- Maintains and updates surgeon's procedure preference cards as
- Maintains supplies in assigned operating room.
- Fosters a cooperative effort in meeting the goals of nursing
and sharing the workload.
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward the area,
peers, staff, patients, and other contacts; demonstrates
flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of client
facilities, patients, and staff.
- Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
- Identifies own limitations and seeks guidance as required.
- Recognizes and utilizes appropriate lines of
- Accurately communicates needs to co-workers and
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients, and hospital-related
- Maintains clinical skills and expands knowledge base through
participation in continuous education programs.
- Assumes responsibility for self-development.
- Seeks to obtain a level 3 proficiency in his/her area(s) of
- Keeps informed of changes in practice through organizational
participation and/or reading current literature.
- Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with:
- standards of patient care
- The Joint Commission, State, and local laws
- Patient's Bill of Rights
- Maxim's nursing and client facility policies and
- professional standards
- Documents activities according to facility policies and
- Represents the Surgical Services as a responsible
paraprofessional in appearance and demeanor.
- After accepting a facility assignment, arrives at the facility
before the schedules shift starts to sign in at the nursing office
and report to the unit on time for orientation and/or report.
- Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift,
unless overtime is approved by the Area or Facility Supervisor
- Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean and professional.
Wears and uses designated surgical attire appropriately.
- Serves as a role model through the support of other facility
and Maxim co-workers, adheres to specific facility/unit
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which
- Documentation and confirmation of one year of operating room
clinical experience in an acute care hospital within the last three
- Current BLS card.
- Full command of the English language, both verbal and
- Physical dexterity and perceptive acuity (e.g., visual,
hearing) to satisfactorily perform all required duties
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Successful completion of the Maxim Staffing Solutions testing
process.Benefits At Maxim Healthcare Staffing, we firmly believe
that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are
happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs *Benefit eligibility is
dependent on employment status. About Maxim Healthcare Staffing
Maxim Healthcare Staffing has been making a difference in the lives
of our patients, caregivers, and employees for more than 30 years.
Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare,
companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce
solutions. Maxim's commitment to customer service, compassionate
patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a
trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed. Maxim Healthcare
Staffing is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Maxim Healthcare Staffing, Torrance , Registered Nurse - OR (Operating Room), Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!