RN Palliative Care Outpatient
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Palliative Care RN (Per
Diem/Day shift) to Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Torrance CA.
We are seeking a Palliative Care RN who will plan, organize and
directsHospice care and is experienced in nursing, with an emphasis
on community health education / experience. The Hospice nurse
builds from the resources of the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) to
plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and
families within their home environments. May provide patient care
to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young,
middle and older adults. In this position you will:
- Complete assessment of patient and family to determine Hospice
needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of
current and previous illness(es).
- Provide professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assess and evaluate patient's status by:
- Writing and initiating Plan of Care in Collaboration with the
- Regularly reevaluating patient/family/caregiver needs.
- Revising the Plan of Care as necessary in collaboration with
- Initiates the Plan of Care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change in collaboration with the IDG.
- Use health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develop a care plan in conjunction with the
patient/family/caregiver and IDG which establishes goals based on
nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions.
- May administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the
IDG approved Plan of Care.
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
- Fulfill the obligation of requested and/or accepted case
- Participate in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
- Maintain productivity standards as set by organization
- Documentation / Information Management:
- Complete, maintain and submit accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient's condition and care given.
- Record pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as
- Communicate with the IDG regarding the patient's needs and
reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
- Communicate with Patient Care Manager to coordinate the care
plan, when necessary.
- Provides information and counseling to maintain a safe
environment for the patient.
- Assist the patient/family/caregiver and other team members in
providing continuity of care.
- Work in cooperation with the family/caregiver and Hospice IDG
members to meet the emotional needs of the
- Attend IDG team meetings to review and revise patient Plans of
- Submit documentation for the patient medical record within the
timeframe set by the organization guidelines.
- Leadership / Supervision:
- Supervise ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities
- Participate in orientation, education and development of team
members as directed by supervisor.
- Assume responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance and participation in continuing education and
- Performance Improvement:
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement Program
and participates in and adheres to the PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice
Corporate Integrity Plan.
- Participate in appropriate continuing education as may be
requested and/or required by immediate supervisor.
- Accept personal responsibility for other educational activities
to enhance job-related skills and abilities.
- Follows Core Value for being financially prudent.
- Ensure that arrangements for medications covered in the Plan of
Care, supplies, equipment and other necessary items and services
defined in the Plan of Care are available.
- Supervisory Authority: Makes recommendations regarding CHHA
appraisal and assignment to the Patient Care Manager. Required
- Nursing, graduate of a nursing school.
- 1 year recent experience in hospice, palliative care, home
health, acute care &/or skilled nursing.
- Current RN licensure in the state of California.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid drivers license with an automobile that is in good
working order and insured in accordance with state and/or
PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice requirements. Preferred
- Nursing experience in hospice/palliative care or home
- Working knowledge with computer applications, i.e. Microsoft
- Bilingual in Spanish or Japanese About the hospice you will
serve. Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the
oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and
the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for
people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams.
Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and Joint
Commission accredited. We also provide the only specialized
pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County. As the only
pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids
Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the
life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare,
TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave
the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home
with their families. About Providence At Providence, our strength
lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for me, ease my way." Working
at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role,
we'll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can
support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P350785 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Nursing-Patient
Facing Job Function: Nursing Schedule: Per-Diem Shift: Day Career
Track: Nursing Department: 7020 PALLIATIVE CARE CA Address: CA
Torrance 2601 Airport Dr Providence is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Torrance , RN Palliative Care Outpatient, Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!