Medical Assistant - COR Cardiology - FT Days
Company: Torrance Memorial Medical Center
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Under the direction of a physician, this position works
cooperatively with all team members to provide technical patient
care services. This position assists physicians in the performance
of their function and provides specific and general support. These
tasks are performed according to department and Medical Center
- Greets and directs patients; notifies appropriate person (RN,
Physician) of patients arrival and/or escorts patient to
- Manages patient care flow.
- Receives and addresses in-coming telephone calls; accurately
records and routes messages as indicated.
- Prepares and cleans treatment rooms before and after each
- Utilizes computer systems to obtain test results.
- Orders and restocks clinical supplies including linen,
dressings and instruments.
- Maintains office equipment and initiates maintenance and
repairs as necessary.
- Performs and documents manufacturers recommended Preventative
Maintenance procedures on testing instruments; monitors calibration
dates as needed.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Completes appropriate forms as required by the department.
- Prepares patients for physician by interviewing patients
regarding health problem and reviewing current medications.
- Takes vital signs and other pertinent information as required
by the department and documents in medical record.
- Assists in examination room as needed.
- Updates patient information such as medication lists,
- Communicates all significant clinical findings to nurse.
- Processes electronic prescriptions as directed by a physician.
- Performs electrocardiograms as directed by a physician.
- Assists with patient education.
- Demonstrates knowledge of general age specific norms for adults
- Practices and has good understanding of infection control,
standard precautions and personnel safety.
- Provides healthcare services in own job category to the
following age groups: adults and geriatrics.
- Maintains safe and clean work/patient environment according to
hospital safety and security guidelines.
- Participates in departmental meetings and departmental
- Assists with orientation and training of new
employees/volunteers, as assigned.Department Specific
CompetenciesEducationDegreeProgramHigh School Diploma/GED or Higher
EducationN/AAdditional InformationExperienceNumber of Years
ExperienceType of ExperienceN/AAdditional InformationOne year
experience in medical office or hospital.License / Certification
RequirementsCNA Certificate or EMT Certification Medical Assistant
CertificateBLS or ACLS Certification#LI-KC1
Keywords: Torrance Memorial Medical Center, Torrance , Medical Assistant - COR Cardiology - FT Days, Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!