RN Telehealth, Per Diem
Company: The Polyclinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
TELEHEALTH TRIAGE NURSE - PATIENT SUPPORT CENTER, OPTUM
* PER DIEM POSITION*
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing moderately complex telephonic nursing
assessment, evaluation and advice to patients through the use of
established and approved telehealth protocols with physician
* Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optum's commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
* Performs comprehensive telephonic patient assessment, evaluation
and advice while meeting production standards.
* Follows established clinical protocols/guidelines and provides
appropriate patient instructions.
* Directs patient to appropriate levels of care based on assessment
within Optum's guidelines.
* Documents authorizations for vendors and/or outside services as
* Instructs patients on procedural preparations.
* Provides health education to patients and their families.
* Documents and maintains records of telephonic interactions.
* Completes medical documentation of telephonic assessment and
disposition in Telehealth Record.
* Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of
refills as ordered by the clinician or via pharmacy protocols.
* Acts as a lead nurse as assigned.
* Performs representative duties in the absence of a representative
(see Patient Support Center Representative job description).
* Initiates and completes a CSR as appropriate.
* Completes documentation of end-of-shift report.
* Participates in quality monitoring process.
* Translates oral information into concise and accurate written
documentation using standard medical guidelines and
* Manages own work queues.
* Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data
collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate
* Demonstrates customer service-oriented behavior at all times.
* Acts as a mentor as requested by supervisor.
* Expedites emergency calls as needed.
* Accesses Language Line for non-English patients as needed.
* Attends regular staff meetings and seminars as scheduled.
* Uses, protects, and discloses Optum's patients' protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a
* Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing.
* Current California RN license.
* PALS certification within 6 months of hire.
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a professional
certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college
* Telehealth certification preferred.
* Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for
the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
* Additional ACLS certifications preferred.
* ESI (Emergency Severity Index) Certification within 30 days of
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
* Must pass Patient Support Center screening test.
* Computer literate. Must be comfortable working with multiple
* ACD telephone skills.
* Ability to type 25 wpm.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in standard
* Telephone etiquette.
* Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
Keywords: The Polyclinic, Torrance , RN Telehealth, Per Diem, Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!