Per Diem PreOp PACU RN
Company: MedBridge Development
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Provides nursing care to the surgical patient during the
preoperative and postoperative phases. Involves assessment,
planning, implementation, and evaluation of surgical patient.
Provides safe, knowledgeable, compassionate, educative,
individualized and goal-directed nursing care to patients and their
families in the immediate post-anesthetic period. The application
of physiologic and psychosocial knowledge and skills promotes,
restores and maintains the patient's physiological processes in a
safe, comfortable and effective environment, while facilitating the
patient's adaptation to his surgical experiences.
The Nurse supports the Center philosophy as well as the policies
and procedures, and the nursing philosophy of the Center.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19, as per state
Duties will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Assesses the physical status of the patient through personal
observation and interaction.
- Assesses the individual psychosocial and spiritual needs of the
patient and significant other.
- Demonstrates understanding and interpretation of diagnostic
measures such as labs, chest x-ray and EKG.
- Obtains an overview of the patient's status by reviewing the
- Consults with the peri-operative nurse who interviewed the
- Plans for a safe, efficient, effective, and clean environment
for preoperative and post-operative care.
- Identifies problems and plans action to resolve problems.
- Identifies goals for the individual patient and communicates
these goals to others involved in the patient's care.
- Assures that patient has appropriate discharge instructions; is
accompanied by a responsible adult upon discharge; has the
telephone number of the physician to call in the event of need
during the first 24 hours post-surgery.
- Takes action to implement nursing care and resolve the problems
identified for the individual patient.
- Utilizes supplies, equipment, and resources to contain cost
without compromising delivery of care.
- Reduces chances of nosocomial infection by directing attention
to infection control and environmental safety practices.
- Reports and documents information accurately and in a timely
- Utilizes professional nursing judgment in the delivery of
- Uses safe methods of handling equipment.
- Evaluates action taken to implement nursing care plan and
resolve problems accordingly.
- Modifies intervention to achieve goals if previous intervention
was not effective.
- Evaluates own nursing practice and seeks ways of growing
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Recognizes and utilizes appropriate lines of
- Foster cooperative efforts in meeting the goals of nursing by
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward unit, peers,
staff and all other contacts.
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance where needed.
- Conveys ideas, concepts, and facts relative to patient care in
a logical, understandable and concise manner.
- Seeks appropriate learning opportunities
- Demonstrates competence and expertise in nursing practice.
- Assumes responsibility for professional nursing practice within
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and Center's
- Utilizes judgment in determining nursing actions.
- Acts as patient advocate in the coordination of patient
- Always maintains safety rules.
- Has knowledge of equipment and supplies and is familiar with
their location in Recovery Room and Surgery, i.e.: emergency call
system, oxygen, mechanical ventilator assistance equipment,
including airways, ambu bag, defibrillator, cardiac monitoring
equipment, tracheostomy set, laryngoscope and endotracheal tubes,
suction equipment, emergency drugs and supplies specified by the
- Monitors emergency equipment.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of anesthetic agents and their
actions, emergency drugs, impending complications, and emergency
treatment of complications, should they occur.
- Follows recovery room guidelines.
- Must comply with all HIPAA privacy regulations regarding the
confidentiality of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Must file an incident report for any unusual event that occurs
to a patient or member of staff; this would include, but not be
limited to, falls, needlestick injuries, aspiration of gastric
contents, allergic reactions, and disruptive behavior by staff or
patients. Also required to report any incidences or alleged
incidences of abuse, harassment, or injury to self, other
employees, or patients occurring at the Center or relating to the
Center. Further specifications can be found in the Abuse Reporting
documents and Code of Safe Practices, provided by the Director of
- Maintains current RN licensure and BLS certification, ACLS, and
PALS (if applicable).
- Has full command of the English language both verbal and
- Is willing to serve as patients' advocate during the
pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative phases of
- Meets the needs of the center as demanded by the surgical
schedule, particularly when overtime hours and time changes become
- Assists in the O.R. as necessary.
- May be expected to lift twenty-five pounds without assistance.
Is required to obtain assistance when moving patients unable to
assist in moving unless patient is in wheelchair or on gurney. May
be required to push patients in wheelchairs or on gurneys. Will be
expected to obtain assistance when needed.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: MedBridge Development, Torrance , Per Diem PreOp PACU RN, Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!