Medical Assistant with Limited X-ray License - Torrance
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and
interview system.Providence is calling a Medical Assistant with
Limited X-Ray (Full time/Day shift) to the Providence Medical
Institute in Torrance, CA.The schedule for this position is Mon-Fri
8:00am - 5:00pm.Please upload a current resume reflecting all
relevant experience.We are seeking a Medical Assistant with Limited
X-Ray who will implement delegated aspects of care and assist in
both direct and indirect patient care and routine diagnostic
radiographic services.In this position you will:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of infection control
procedures and follows department policies.
- Understand and use diagnostic equipment correctly and ensure
all equipment is maintained by following department policies.
- Perform general medical duties according to the California Code
of Regulations for Medical Assisting. See attached. Demonstrate
competency in phlebotomy, EKG, sterile technique, patient admission
process, medication administration. Also needs to demonstrate
competency assisting with advanced clinical office procedures such
as treadmills, sigmoidoscopies, holter monitors, minor surgical
procedures, laser procedures, colposcopies.
- Maintain a current and adequate inventory of medical supplies
- Is responsible for notifying physician and/or supervisor of any
untold events for patients and visitors. This may include clinical
findings, falls, reportable information.
- Maintaining an orderly and pleasing work space that ensures the
integrity and safety of the practice, patients and personnel.
- Obtain necessary information to complete the necessary
authorizations as directed by insurance companies and
physician/provider. Maintain authorization log and notify patient
of receipt of authorization \Within twenty-four hours. Notify
physician/provider of any denials.
- Assist as necessary, with providing accurate ICD-9 and CPT
- Perform routine diagnostic radiographic services according to
the guidelines set forth by the State of California and the
- Provide proper radiation protection for patients and staff in
accordance with federal, state and relevant department safety
- Maintain complete and accurate patient logs that reflect
services provided and maintain appropriate labeling and filing of
- Documentation/Information Management: Utilize MIS systems
according to policy and procedure. Appropriate care and maintenance
of MIS system needs to be observed at all times.
- Leadership/Supervision: Will assist physician/provider in
training MA I to advance to assisting in performing advanced
clinical office procedures.
- Development: Keep abreast of department policies and procedures
by positively participating in staff meeting and in services.
- Performance Improvement: Participate in CQI and/or quality
management activities as identified by supervisor.
- Budgetary: Responsible to use equipment and supplies
efficiently and to make suggestions for cost cutting initiatives to
supervisor.Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant
- Current BCLS Card
- ICD-9 I CPT Coding
- Valid CA State Certificate Licensure in Limited Diagnostic
Radiology Services, Chest and either Torso-skeletal or Extremities
or Bone Densitometry and any other advanced modalities (skull) as
approved by the appropriate licensing agency
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Typing/Keyboarding skills of 35 WPMPreferred qualifications for
this position include:
- State certification
- 1 year of experienceAbout the hospital you will
serve.Providence Health & Services is further developing its
physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has
been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that
provides administrative and other support services to affiliated
medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow
significantly in the next several years, bringing with it
facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.We
offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For
MissionAs expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.About UsProvidence is a
comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers,
health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services
continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and
vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age,
creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Full-timeShift: DayJob Category: Medical AssistantLocation:
California-TorranceReq ID: 330936
Keywords: Providence, Torrance , Medical Assistant with Limited X-ray License - Torrance, Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!